Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire psi - app recommending 49psi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 18 inch rims and my app is recommending 49psi cold
9E3368EA-15B6-412A-AA5D-E3399E8CA541.png

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I have 20” and the setting is 42psi. My MYP with 21” is also 42psi.

Unsure where the 49psi is coming from.
Well In that case I then no clue lol I assumed lower profile tires had higher psi rating as I know my friends car (not a Tesla) that has low profile tires takes a higher psi than the standard profile tires did.

But still stand by verifying in the computer the right rims are chosen and if they are submit a service request.

I have the 18 inch rims and my app is recommending 49psi coldView attachment 903223
These are the specifications for the OEM Tesla 18” tires and they both say “Max Inflation Pressure” is 50 psi.

You absolutely should NOT use a cold tire pressure of 49 psi with these tires. Something is wrong with what the app is telling you. 42 psi is the correct cold tire pressure with most 18” wheels on a Model 3.

386FF539-3EDC-42C6-88EB-7EA52D1AEE32.png
E7897B71-D724-4495-A2C3-EE0A5F70DAF6.png
208EFA20-FF00-4D06-A95B-7A0CFCBB0A6B.png

Have you been playing within Service Mode lately? I thought there was a setting to change this to different psi settings but its been awhile. I will try to get into Service Mode later and find that TPMS menu and see if I am remembering correctly.

Edit: Nevermind. Just checked and nothing. Must be thinking of a different car.

Last edited:
You can always look in your sidewall to read the max cold pressure. They are the same as the Tire Rack screenshots. Running at max cold pressure won't hurt the tires. I usually run the 3 and X a little under max with little decrease in ride quality.