Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire wear and lowering M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's factory specs call for quite a bit of rear end toe-in which is good for high speed stability but bad for tire wear. I imagine from their perspective, this is an acceptable compromise.
Toe in will wear the outside of tires, and the OP is getting inside tire wear.

Not that I think this is the solution, but we do have front camber adjustable arms!
Those don't support going to LESS than stock camber though, do they?

Toe in will wear the outside of tires, and the OP is getting inside tire wear.

Those don't support going to LESS than stock camber though, do they?
They do, but only mildly. There is a limit to how long the upper control arm can extend without chassis clearance issues. Anyone who is aiming for less camber than OEM can let us know when they order them so we can make sure to get them additional shims!

Reactions: gearchruncher
Honestly, everyone should get an alignment anyway, regardless of suspension setup. These cars come from the factory out of spec. I know this because I hit a pretty large pothole with the LF wheel and immediately scheduled an aligment with my local SC. Come to find out, both front and rear were out of spec. My car is a 2022 M3P, with 2300 miles on the ticker.

Attachments

• Alignment.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 79
Bumping this up - so is it fair to say that for a lowered model 3 AWD that the camber should be in the rear should be anywhere from 0.0 to -0.5, let the fronts be what they'll be?

As for the toe in the front, what are people aiming for when the goal is to have max tire life? Same for the rear....what are most targeting for max tire life with still decent performance? I prefer tire life over performance.

Bumping this up - so is it fair to say that for a lowered model 3 AWD that the camber should be in the rear should be anywhere from 0.0 to -0.5, let the fronts be what they'll be?

As for the toe in the front, what are people aiming for when the goal is to have max tire life? Same for the rear....what are most targeting for max tire life with still decent performance? I prefer tire life over performance.
That isn't enough rear camber! I would aim for -1.5*.

For the toe, I would aim for +0.20* total both front and rear. It will still track straight and it won't be so hard on tires.

Getting some inner tire wear on the fronts and rears. I have a mild drop on mpp coils, about 1.25-1.5. Alignment shows that I’m pretty much in spec all around. Does anything look off?
IMG_1287.jpeg