Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of having the goal post changed. BS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you know I’m sick of that *sugar*. I was set on buying long range model 3, no autopilot, red or white. I’m saving $16000 for a down payment so I can buy end of April 2019 and then I click today and the models have changed again. I’ve been obsessed with the model 3 but this really sours me. I had a plan and they messed it up. I was moved away from buying an Alfa Romeo Giulia and bmw 3 series to a full ev but this really sours my mood you know. They keep moving the goal post Tesla. Ok midrange... when it disappeared it didn’t affect me because I want the long range model. But now it’s been taken away. Now I have to order at the show room and will have to have autopilot now standard? Really? I was liking their now haggle sales model because they were not like a sleazy car dealer but they’re acting more and more like them.

Man you know I’m sick of that *sugar*. I was set on buying long range model 3, no autopilot, red or white. I’m saving $16000 for a down payment so I can buy end of April 2019 and then I click today and the models have changed again. I’ve been obsessed with the model 3 but this really sours me. I had a plan and they messed it up. I was moved away from buying an Alfa Romeo Giulia and bmw 3 series to a full ev but this really sours my mood you know. They keep moving the goal post Tesla. Ok midrange... when it disappeared it didn’t affect me because I want the long range model. But now it’s been taken away. Now I have to order at the show room and will have to have autopilot now standard? Really? I was liking their now haggle sales model because they were not like a sleazy car dealer but they’re acting more and more like them.
Same complaints happened when they did the last price and model changes. Tesla is constantly changing their pricing and options. Comes with the territory.

Goal posts change all the time in the world of auto sales. The main difference with Tesla is that the change is advertised, whereas for traditional automakers, the change happens as dealer incentives that the customer cannot easily observe. Therefore, the customer happily believes that the price remains nearly constant and doesn't have to agonize over the price changes that are always happening. Perhaps ignorance is bliss after all, at least for some customers.

Goal posts change all the time in the world of auto sales. The main difference with Tesla is that the change is advertised, whereas for traditional automakers, the change happens as dealer incentives that the customer cannot easily observe. Therefore, the customer happily believes that the price remains nearly constant and doesn't have to agonize over the price changes that are always happening. Perhaps ignorance is bliss after all, at least for some customers.

GM offers big price cut on Chevy Volt

Good luck tweeting the GM CEO and trying to get a refund if you bought before the price drop.

Customers are dumb and don’t know and don’t care how businesses work.

Sadly you still need them. Sigh

Reactions: StealthP3D
Status
Not open for further replies.