Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Time and Place?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to disagree. I love coming to California, no question about that, but I think part of the purpose of TESLIVE should be raising awareness of the car and brand. In the Bay Area, you're kinda preaching to the choir. Having the media pick up on the show in another part of the country would be great. You also have to realize that Tesla has good people all over North America (and Europe now too, I suppose) so it doesn't have to be just about the Fremont folks participating. Moving it around would also allow some folks who may not otherwise attend to come when it's closer to their home as well. Just my 2-cents :smile:
I'm kind of surprised that we don't have a TMC post yet that -- based on the "world map of reservation holders" -- has (1) filtered for most dominant Tesla continent (presumably North America) and (2) found the point that is the minimum average distance from the (weighted) car owner locations.

Presumably somewhere like Kansas.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great offer, except whoever took you up on it would miss TESLIVE. :biggrin:
Not necessarily. "Honey, there's a guy in Spain that is willing to let you drive his Roadster and his Model S while you visit there with the girls ... if you let me go to Teslive."

Indeed! Although I'm going to have to miss it this year for the first year in many. There is another conference of interest to a part of the business I manage that is on at exactly the same time. It also doesn't hurt that this other conference is in San Diego, one of my most favorite cities to visit.

Aw, you'll miss my presentation on Cold Load Pickup

Keeping within North America for this discussion, I would suspect the center would be somewhere like Sacramento, CA or Reno, Nevada.

I think a huge percentage of owners are still in California. I think this will change over time.

I'm kind of surprised that we don't have a TMC post yet that -- based on the "world map of reservation holders" -- has (1) filtered for most dominant Tesla continent (presumably North America) and (2) found the point that is the minimum average distance from the (weighted) car owner locations.

Presumably somewhere like Kansas.

I like McLean Virginia, directly after the Supercharging Stations are completed coast-to-coast. Imagine a Tesla Model S cavalcade driving cross-country from California to to the headquarters of the National Automotive Dealers Association. Now that's a photo-op.

Realistically if we want to encourage people to drive and we're going to ignore the fact that California has a disproportionate marketshare, we should pick somewhere in the middle of the country. Accessible by the SC network, adequate hotel space, conference facilities, etc., etc. Someone else had suggested Chicago and I thought that was a good idea. It's not in the middle, but it's certainly better than one of the coasts. Denver might be a good choice as well if the SC network is in place.

Realistically if we want to encourage people to drive and we're going to ignore the fact that California has a disproportionate marketshare, we should pick somewhere in the middle of the country. Accessible by the SC network, adequate hotel space, conference facilities, etc., etc. Someone else had suggested Chicago and I thought that was a good idea. It's not in the middle, but it's certainly better than one of the coasts. Denver might be a good choice as well if the SC network is in place.

Attendance at Teslive was supply-constrained, not demand constrained. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm still a fan of the Bay Area, too much allure to factory tours and access to Tesla executives, not to mention 100 other cool things to do. LA would be back-up with design studio, Space X and more execs. Really, I'm just looking for the dates to be set and the Bay Area location to be nailed down - assume east/south Bay is most likely.

Instead of having one large Teslive event, how bout having one per region (Teslive West Coast Q1, Teslive East Coast Q2, etc.) - this would increase awareness throughout the country and would not require too much traveling.