Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To carbon fiber or not to carbon fiber...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP on order. I know the first thing I'm going to do is get a cover for the wood across the dash. I was thinking of going carbon fiber for that. Was looking at carbon fiber steering wheel overlays and other trim bits. Can I get some pics of CF interiors? Any thoughts of too much CF? I don't want to be Captain Carbon Fiber and regret it later. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I'd avoid a CF cover for the wood on the dash. If you want CF there, I'd go with a full replacement. We got a cover from RPM Tesla for our Model 3 and, within 6 months, it was all warped and lifting up. We ended up removing it and it took bits of the wood with it.

• Informative
Reactions: 804son
Do a full replacement and do the section around the cup holders etc. I also did the turn signals.

B84FCD7B-1394-4D48-ACA0-5EB69A0DC717.jpeg
77C0A8A5-A3F7-47C5-A6C8-4E14886EB267.jpeg

Reactions: DblOSmith
This is the same one I bought off Amazon and got it for around $350. Cheapest full dash replacement and came within 2 days.

There’s one left in stock for $290
HANSSHOW Tesla Model 3&Y Dashboard Cover Wrap 3K Real Carbon Fiber Dash Cover Wrap Cap for Model Y/3-2018-2022 Model Y Interior Dash Covers Dashboard Accessories(M3/Y-Matte Dashboard Replacement) https://a.co/d/gUWBMRr

This is the same one I bought off Amazon and got it for around $350. Cheapest full dash replacement and came within 2 days.

There’s one left in stock for $290
HANSSHOW Tesla Model 3&Y Dashboard Cover Wrap 3K Real Carbon Fiber Dash Cover Wrap Cap for Model Y/3-2018-2022 Model Y Interior Dash Covers Dashboard Accessories(M3/Y-Matte Dashboard Replacement) https://a.co/d/gUWBMRr
i just snagged it its used, the biggest problem which i will see when it comes is idk how they can make it for all model ys their dash from 2020-2021 changed so i have a feeling ill be returning it but we will see

I went with a full dash replacement to change the wood trim to carbon fiber, as I think that's how Performance models should have been done in the first place. I like carbon fiber but I didn't want to overdo it and I'm really pleased with the interior with just the swap from wood to carbon fiber.

I also tried out some carbon fiber canards over the fog lights, but they didn't fit that well and I ended up removing them after a few weeks.

Real carbon dash is nice and I would get one if I could, but too much $$$ for what you get and what you need in the car.

My dash has been wrapped for the past year and I never really notice it, nor notice any glare or reflections from it. I've posted this in the past before, but it's pretty easy to DIY a vinyl dash wrap with a small roll from Amazon for less than $10 shipped. Just use a hairdryer, razor blade, and some patience to install it. Turns out to be a fun little project in the end.

TMY-DASHWRAP-3.jpg

TMY-DASHWRAP-1.jpg

Real carbon dash is nice and I would get one if I could, but too much $$$ for what you get and what you need in the car.

My dash has been wrapped for the past year and I never really notice it, nor notice any glare or reflections from it. I've posted this in the past before, but it's pretty easy to DIY a vinyl dash wrap with a small roll from Amazon for less than $10 shipped. Just use a hairdryer, razor blade, and some patience to install it. Turns out to be a fun little project in the end.

TMY-DASHWRAP-3.jpg

TMY-DASHWRAP-1.jpg
looks good! thats why i wanted the carbon especially matte to stop my stupid white dash reflection

Reactions: Anish3232
i just snagged it its used, the biggest problem which i will see when it comes is idk how they can make it for all model ys their dash from 2020-2021 changed so i have a feeling ill be returning it but we will see
True it does fit my 2022 Y. The side caps are built in. I think prior to sometime in 21 they were 2 side pieces that detached. I think if you remove the piece and use the all new dash it may work. I don’t know what else would be different.

True it does fit my 2022 Y. The side caps are built in. I think prior to sometime in 21 they were 2 side pieces that detached. I think if you remove the piece and use the all new dash it may work. I don’t know what else would be different.
well thats good a si have a 2022 so i should be all set! as long as amazon listed as used very good hopefully its in a good condtion lol

Reactions: Anish3232
Just domn't go with the $50 plastic faux CF covers you see on Amazon, etc... I had it and it looks cheap as hell. It reminded me of the mods you see on Honda civics back in the day except on a $60k car. Go real CF or don't bother IMHO.
lol, that's exactly what I was going to go with. I have a matte gray cover on my M3 now, and it looks and does fine. Woops. ;)