Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Tesla Service Leadership (I know you read these threads)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything else is perfectly fine with Tesla. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.
You seem to be the only one here hellbent on conflating your very unrealistic expectations in the specific scenario being discussed with “everything else”.

I’ve gotta say, it’s super surprising to me that your interactions with them have been so negative and unsatisfactory given your generally respectful and cool-headed demeanor displayed here. I guess some things you just can’t explain. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, why is it that when I brought my car in without a part to have them investigate my suspension problem; they want to try to look at other things on my car? I didn’t ask them to do that. Definitely not first class service.

Well, a suspension problem could be caused by other things on the car.

Many places will not install parts that weren't purchased through them, whether for markup or for liability.
Look for an independent shop that will work on Teslas.

There are plenty of people here who have had mods done to their Teslas. Suspension changes would certainly be included in that. So you could try asking for recommendations for a shop near you on the Mountain/Southwest regional forum:

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
You seem to be the only one here hellbent on conflating your very unrealistic expectations in the specific scenario being discussed with “everything else”.

I’ve gotta say, it’s super surprising to me that your interactions with them have been so negative and unsatisfactory given your generally respectful and cool-headed demeanor displayed here. I guess some things you just can’t explain. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I would definitely encourage you to look around. There’s a lot of unhappy Tesla owners and on suspension specifically.

First-party shops not wanting to install random customer-provided parts is not particularly novel or unique to Tesla.
You are correct; no way that an OEM is gonna accept the liability for a customer-supplied part. What happens when that suspension part breaks, causing the OP to crash into a school bus of little kids which itself gets turned on its side? (Sure, a black swan event, but the kind that plaintiff attorneys dream of.)

Last edited:
Tesla ain’t doing any better… hence the current federal class action lawsuit for suspension issues.

IMG_8069.gif

Are you gonna sue them for not installing your eBay-sourced junk for you? 😂

Also, why is it that when I brought my car in without a part to have them investigate my suspension problem; they want to try to look at other things on my car? I didn’t ask them to do that. Definitely not first class service.
Insecure much? Or do you generally see conspiracies in every interaction lol. If you don’t want others to fix your car learn to do it yourself. Umphh, Threads like this help me understand why service agents can be less then helpful at times.

There are better ways to deal with this. I once had a disagreement with a Toyota dealership and felt that they were screwing me over. I talked to the workshop manager, then the general manager and still couldn't resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Guess what: no Toyota for me ever again. End of story.

There are alternatives and if you're not happy with how Tesla handles their business, then don't support them by owning a Tesla.

The problem, though, is your entitlement, not Tesla. A number of people has tried to explain to you that Tesla can't and won't risk liability issues with a 3rd party part, and yet you're still acting like a 4 year-old who doesn't get a Kitkat at the grocery store. Chances are, you'll have similar issues with every other car, because it has nothing to do with the make or model.

Yes it’s the 2020 case and it’s still ongoing.

@Tech Geek I hate to burst your bubble, but no that case is not still ongoing, and was never certified as a class action. The judge ruled against most the claims from one of the plaintiffs, in January removing them from the case:

1686962128759.png

1686962215549.png

After that the other two plantiffs gave up and dismissed the case in February:
1686962921756.png

It's amazing how the press/media never report on a case when it ends in Tesla's favor, isn't it? 🤷‍♀️