Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Those That Have Seen Model 3 in Person - Better Looking than the S?

Model 3 Better Looking Than the S?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. I had an S for many years and spotted a 3 at OAK Long Term parking. Had a pretty decent look at it. It's a nice looking car but it doesn't have the grace or presence of the S. Much of that might just be due to its smaller size. It looks like a nicely designed compact sedan to me. It's certainly attractive but it's not special.

In person, the 3 looks really good to me. Wide, low and sleek, but not as long as the Model S. Nothing like a "mini Model X" at all -- totally different proportions than the X. The length of the Model S makes it looks a bit sleeker compared to the 3. I think the 3 is one of the more attractive cars out there, and has a similar "almost concept car" look that the S has. The S is just so drop-dead gorgeous it is hard to beat.

I drove over to the Tesla factory today just to get a look at one in person. I have been wanting pearl white but wanted to see silver and blue in person. I was not able to find a blue one but the pearl looked amazing. As far as looks compared to S, from the front, and side views, I prefer it, however, while I don't dislike the back of the 3, I like the rear of the S better. I like the front look of the 3 without the "mustache" much more.

I like the front and side view of the Model 3 better. I like the rear view and lights on the Model S better. They both look great. I give a slight edge to the Model 3 since I personally like smaller sized sedans.

2017-08-24.png

Last edited:
No doubt the S is a gorgeous car, but...

Saw another Model 3 today on 92 going towards Half Moon Bay, CA. Silver this time (seems to be the same silver as on the S) with 19” wheels and no front plate. Really a great color for the Model 3.

Especially love the Model 3 front end. It looks like a nexgen Porsche. From the rear, more like an S without the haunches. Overall I think the Model 3 looks spectacular.

Reactions: gavine
No doubt the S is a gorgeous car, but...

Saw another Model 3 today on 92 going towards Half Moon Bay, CA. Silver this time (seems to be the same silver as on the S) with 19” wheels and no front plate. Really a great color for the Model 3.

Especially love the Model 3 front end. It looks like a nexgen Porsche. From the rear, more like an S without the haunches. Overall I think the Model 3 looks spectacular.
I'm having a hard time decided between silver and midnight silver. Saw midnight silver in real life and it's damn good looking.

I drove over to the Tesla factory today just to get a look at one in person. I have been wanting pearl white but wanted to see silver and blue in person. I was not able to find a blue one but the pearl looked amazing. As far as looks compared to S, from the front, and side views, I prefer it, however, while I don't dislike the back of the 3, I like the rear of the S better. I like the front look of the 3 without the "mustache" much more.
Where exactly do they have one out at the Fremont Factory?

car looks too tall, like a mini model x. also the rear glass to trunk transition is so awkward. especially if you see the car from quarter rear view. i like the front of the car. the rear, not so much

Agreed.
The front of the Model 3 glass greenhouse is too high and the front duck bill too pronounced compared to the Model S/X.
This photo is really not shot at a flattering angle for the Model 3 ... it looks like a cartoon car compared to the Model S/X :cool:

upload_2017-8-24_18-41-10-png.243562

Last edited: