Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well to be fair. They still have the car just not for sale LOL. I have been asking the buyer whats his final purchase price on the roadster. He said he will share that with me after he received the car. He is still waiting for the custom broker to review the paperwork.

I hope i made the right choice. I went for the basic black with lower mileage. There were three roadster available in Canada at that time.

Last edited:
Hope they get it but I for one rather place money in the new version since its 84 percent of the new Roadster, and if you drop in the new battery, it is the price of a new Roadster.

Mis-matched info on the battery...at the top under additional info, it says it has the R80 upgraded battery pack, but at the bottom under vehicle specifics it says the battery was upgraded by Tesla a few years back but is NOT an R80 pack.

The standard ideal range of ~169 miles (converted from 273km) is not great.

Carbon updates add some value, and low mileage is nice, but current battery offsets low mileage, imo. For that price, I'd want the PEM upgraded.

Glad I got mine when I did, but I don't think that is the market price right now...but "generally" never hurts to ask for max and come down...

My car charges to about 160mi in standard mode, and the CAC is about 137. 169 miles, if it is that, is actually pretty good.

For that price? Sure, it's better than many, but it is no longer a battery to be considered a selling point, imo. That battery could be a few months or a poor storage from needing repaired at Gruber or Medlock...or it might last indefinitely, but...

At $175,000, I think the battery should be better than that...but as I said, you have to test the market by asking a price....

Reactions: Gremlin
For that price? Sure, it's better than many, but it is no longer a battery to be considered a selling point, imo. That battery could be a few months or a poor storage from needing repaired at Gruber or Medlock...or it might last indefinitely, but...

At $175,000, I think the battery should be better than that...but as I said, you have to test the market by asking a price....
By "pretty good" I was referring to the battery. I think mine is about average for an original battery, maybe a tad below, based on the last time I checked the battery survey. So I guess the puzzle is knowing what is real - the charge mileage vs the CAC. A CAC of 120 is not great.

As for the price....

Wait... asking price is now $225K USD for #904?! o_O

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 4.06.49 PM.png

Is it interesting, what's going on in Germany?

Her is one in Bavaria, Germany:
2012 Roadster
VIN: EU#1005
Mileage: 33000 km
Price: €95000
Magma Orange, Leather in two tone colour

$_59.JPG

and another one:
2010 Roadster
Mileage: 193000 km
CAC: 119 Ah
Price: €59900
Brilliant Yellow, Leather black/Yellow
Following work has been done recently:
- motor and transmission new 05/2015 163tkm
- 400V control unit new 01/2017 183tkm
- PEM replacement of isolation foil 07/2017 186tkm
- air conditioning condenser new 05/2018 190tkm
- 2 Bilstein shock absorber refurbished at Bilstein 05/2018 190tkm
- Manifold ESS new 05/2018 190tkm
- Battery repair: all sheets removed and all riveted connections reworked 05/2018 190tkm

$_59.JPG