Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of M3 - damaged in 2 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3 yesterday, and can resolutely say, I’m glad I have insurance due to a ’mishap’ with A skip bin. Skip bin won.

A9765DAC-C2C5-4EC6-80C3-6AC1AA636C9A.jpeg

Reactions: gaswalla
Might be able to have that repaired using smart repair, but the dent will be difficult to fix as it's right on the edge.

My M3P got t boned at an intersection with 520km on the clock. Was at slow speed but still significant damage (not at fault)

that's rear quarter panel damage, and the cost for repairs will certainly be impressive... I would say 12-15k if in California, but I hope that prices in Oz are more reasonable
Yes, if it was uninsured it'd be pretty expensive fix.

But the car looks like it is insured, so excess is the only amount to pay.

Not sure what that means for the cost of insurance for the person next year though...

that's rear quarter panel damage, and the cost for repairs will certainly be impressive... I would say 12-15k if in California, but I hope that prices in Oz are more reasonable
Im thinking the repairs are going to be expensive - there are about 10 approved Tesla repairers from what I saw on the list. And each one of them know how to charge a dollar or two.
Yes, if it was uninsured it'd be pretty expensive fix.

But the car looks like it is insured, so excess is the only amount to pay.

Not sure what that means for the cost of insurance for the person next year though...
I’ll soon find out. I hope my insurance broker is a good bloke. Oh, wait, that’s me!

Still filthy about it though. Glad I picked a low excess.

Wow, I thought mine was damaged quickly. Had it a month and someone decided to drive around a truck instead of waiting for the light to change and went into into the oncoming lane to make her turn. I got nicked on the passenger front of my Model 3. Didn't look bad at all and the cost will be 3.5-5k and a week to repair.