TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Took delivery this Friday! - Question about my software version.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by HeyMarkL, May 26, 2019.

1. bpjones

bpjones Member

Your video is fantastic! Love the pans and the attention to detail you put into it!

2. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Member

I just noticed your pics and video. Everything looks very professional.
    I wonder what kind of camera and equipment you are using?

Are you able to instal a plug in your garage or do you plug at work?

3. HeyMarkL

HeyMarkL Member

Unfortunately my garage doesn’t have plugs or my complex doesn’t have EV charging stations. But luckily there’s two supercharging stations about 10-15 mins away from my apartment so it’s not bad at all.

4. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Member

For the kind of large apartment garage, there are programs from electrical companies for installing a pool of charging stations.

Since you are in Southern California, I noticed that Southern California Edison is teaming with EV Connect.

You should mention your residence property management about EV Residential charging.

There is no cost to the property, SCE provides the electric lines and EV Connect manage the site.

This might take time, but be able to charge at home is priceless.

5. Triplett

Triplett Member

They also changed the law in California so apartments basically HAVE to let you put a charger in unless your building falls under certain categories.

6. HeyMarkL

HeyMarkL Member

Oh this is interesting... I will definitely bring this up to them when I see them at some point this week. Thanks for the links!

7. barmach

barmach Member

i took delivery two weeks ago and have yet to receive an update. I was also surprised that I was not updated when I picked up the car. I scheduled a service visit, but the first appointment is almost two weeks away. My car is connected to WIFI when parked at home. Hopefully they will see my request and push the update to me.

8. Thp3

Thp3 Member

Congrats on your new car. As for the wireless updates (OTA) Relax, wait for it. It’s OK. It will update when you get through the queue.

So why the service call?

9. Ckanderson

Ckanderson Member

People think these updates are game changers, they arnt. A few things get tweaked or changed but really it’s the same stuff. Don’t stress about it.

10. Lovesword

Lovesword Member

I had an update come while I was at work with my car parked on LTE for the day, if I recall correctly. I've had all the rest come when at home on WiFi.