Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery this Friday! - Question about my software version.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woah, thanks for that kind words! I'll shoot more, but those were actually stills from my video

And to everyone else saying to connect to WI-Fi or open a support ticket. I did, and fingers crossed something will pop up on my phone soon. The earliest I can set an appointment at my local Tesla center is Jun 17 which is ways away from now.

Last question, will I still be able to receive these software updates even if I didn't have wifi but only have LTE connection? I live in an apartment complex and my garage obviously doesn't have wifi so it's a bit hard to achieve that lol.

I just noticed your pics and video. Everything looks very professional.
I wonder what kind of camera and equipment you are using?

Are you able to instal a plug in your garage or do you plug at work?

I just noticed your pics and video. Everything looks very professional.
I wonder what kind of camera and equipment you are using?

Are you able to instal a plug in your garage or do you plug at work?

Unfortunately my garage doesn’t have plugs or my complex doesn’t have EV charging stations. But luckily there’s two supercharging stations about 10-15 mins away from my apartment so it’s not bad at all.

Unfortunately my garage doesn’t have plugs or my complex doesn’t have EV charging stations.
But luckily there’s two supercharging stations about 10-15 mins away from my apartment so it’s not bad at all.
For the kind of large apartment garage, there are programs from electrical companies for installing a pool of charging stations.

Since you are in Southern California, I noticed that Southern California Edison is teaming with EV Connect.

You should mention your residence property management about EV Residential charging.

There is no cost to the property, SCE provides the electric lines and EV Connect manage the site.

This might take time, but be able to charge at home is priceless.

For the kind of large apartment garage, there are programs from electrical companies for installing a pool of charging stations.

Since you are in Southern California, I noticed that Southern California Edison is teaming with EV Connect.

You should mention your residence property management about EV Residential charging.

There is no cost to the property, SCE provides the electric lines and EV Connect manage the site.

This might take time, but be able to charge at home is priceless.

Oh this is interesting... I will definitely bring this up to them when I see them at some point this week. Thanks for the links!

i took delivery two weeks ago and have yet to receive an update. I was also surprised that I was not updated when I picked up the car. I scheduled a service visit, but the first appointment is almost two weeks away. My car is connected to WIFI when parked at home. Hopefully they will see my request and push the update to me.

i took delivery two weeks ago and have yet to receive an update. I was also surprised that I was not updated when I picked up the car. I scheduled a service visit, but the first appointment is almost two weeks away. My car is connected to WIFI when parked at home. Hopefully they will see my request and push the update to me.

Congrats on your new car. As for the wireless updates (OTA) Relax, wait for it. It’s OK. It will update when you get through the queue.

So why the service call?

People think these updates are game changers, they arnt. A few things get tweaked or changed but really it’s the same stuff. Don’t stress about it.

Last question, will I still be able to receive these software updates even if I didn't have wifi but only have LTE connection? I live in an apartment complex and my garage obviously doesn't have wifi so it's a bit hard to achieve that lol.
I had an update come while I was at work with my car parked on LTE for the day, if I recall correctly. I've had all the rest come when at home on WiFi.