Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOPFIT Customized Dash Cam - My Review/Videos/Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there is no constant power in the rearview mirror housing, so there is no way for the DVR to activate if the car is hit while parked, for example.

another annoyance with this product is that you cannot turn off or even dial down the verbal status updates, especially as the DVR randomly takes still photos while emulating a shutter sound. As I usually listen to Audible while driving, the rudimentary English voice command must be misinterpreting the speaker output quite frequently.

while this is a relatively cheap option, relatively easy to install and blends well into the OEM mirror housing, it's limited to forward view only and the manufacturer support is extremely limited. There is no firmware updates so your only option is to rely on the dealer whom you bought the device to act as a middleman. I had found this out the hard way when the first device didn't work properly and shipped with the Chinese version of the firmware. The replacement one seems to be working better so I had stuck a 128GB SD card in it and left it alone to do it's thing. It's better than nothing, but not by much.

I'll see what Tesla comes up with based on Elon's recent tweet about enabling access to the AP camera suite for video info. If it does the job, I will remove the TopFit immediately.

note that topfit resolution is much superior to what Tesla can offer, though. And it also has native colors. For multiple channels you still want to have separate devices with their own sdcard (for best bitrates and fault tolerance) anyway.

Not to say that topfit could not be improved, of course, but in general I am mostly happy with mine (granted, now on 3rd replacement unit)

note that topfit resolution is much superior to what Tesla can offer, though. And it also has native colors. For multiple channels you still want to have separate devices with their own sdcard (for best bitrates and fault tolerance) anyway.

Not to say that topfit could not be improved, of course, but in general I am mostly happy with mine (granted, now on 3rd replacement unit)
I definitely agree with you and we would like to have a try something special for our Tesla car.If the accessories we like and we try,maybe we would get a big suprise at the same time.So I support with those open up accessories for us.

there is no constant power in the rearview mirror housing, so there is no way for the DVR to activate if the car is hit while parked, for example.

another annoyance with this product is that you cannot turn off or even dial down the verbal status updates, especially as the DVR randomly takes still photos while emulating a shutter sound. As I usually listen to Audible while driving, the rudimentary English voice command must be misinterpreting the speaker output quite frequently.

while this is a relatively cheap option, relatively easy to install and blends well into the OEM mirror housing, it's limited to forward view only and the manufacturer support is extremely limited. There is no firmware updates so your only option is to rely on the dealer whom you bought the device to act as a middleman. I had found this out the hard way when the first device didn't work properly and shipped with the Chinese version of the firmware. The replacement one seems to be working better so I had stuck a 128GB SD card in it and left it alone to do it's thing. It's better than nothing, but not by much.

I'll see what Tesla comes up with based on Elon's recent tweet about enabling access to the AP camera suite for video info. If it does the job, I will remove the TopFit immediately.
Yeah,you definitely said the real truth about the dash cam.But for me I think it is very easy to install and now they have got the new versipn dash cam here with thr Gsensor with can protector your video when your car happend with striking.I do believe that it is more important than the recording whan you parking.

I'm having a problem where it just keeps saying "DVR IS STARTING", DVR IS RECORDING NOW. Randomly throughout my drive.

any thoughts?
If so,you can follow these steps which the CS sent them to my friend.

1.Enter the APP and Format the SD card firstly.Take off the SD card and click the flowing two links then download the files and copy them into SD card.

clip_image002.gif
Dropbox - FWZX06.bin

clip_image002.gif
Dropbox - FWZX06M.bin

clip_image002.gif

2.Insert the SD back to your Model X dash Cam then you will see the red LED light flashing quickly at the same time.

3.After updation you will here that DVR is starting or DVR is recording now.

4.Connect the Tesla-Topfit ,enter the APP again then format the dash cam.

5.That is it.

1.Enter the APP and Format the SD card firstly.Take off the SD card and click the flowing two links then download the files and copy them into SD card.

clip_image002.gif
Dropbox - FWZX06.bin

clip_image002.gif
Dropbox - FWZX06M.bin

clip_image002.gif

2.Insert the SD back to your Model X dash Cam then you will see the red LED light flashing quickly at the same time.

5.That is it.
Hi, I'm already on this new firmware. It stopped doing it for a while and it's started again

Reactions: guipingfang

clip_image002.gif
Dropbox - FWZX06.bin

clip_image002.gif
Dropbox - FWZX06M.bin

clip_image002.gif

5.That is it.
Is this the AP1 version firmware?