Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Mileage Thus Far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't worry about it. I have almost 15k miles, 350 wh/mi average, 19" wheels no pano, and get 229-234 rated for 90%, and 265+ for range charges on my B pack. It seems like pack balance is a big factor, and the people who don't charge to at least 90%, have out of balance packs.
You're a near perfect example of why I think I have above avg degradation! :) I have 11.5k miles, you have 15k. We both have B packs and average ~350wh/mi... and yet, you get 265+ on a range charge (I've never seen anything over 258)... and IIRC my 90% is 222 on a fairly consistent basis (will check that tomorrow.) So despite the fact that we have the same 350wh/mi, my battery capacity is a good bit lower than yours even though I have less miles. It isn't a big deal, but it's there and it's noticeable. When was your car built out of curiosity?

You're a near perfect example of why I think I have above avg degradation! :) I have 11.5k miles, you have 15k. We both have B packs and average ~350wh/mi... and yet, you get 265+ on a range charge (I've never seen anything over 258)... and IIRC my 90% is 222 on a fairly consistent basis (will check that tomorrow.) So despite the fact that we have the same 350wh/mi, my battery capacity is a good bit lower than yours even though I have less miles. It isn't a big deal, but it's there and it's noticeable. When was your car built out of curiosity?
First week of March 2013, delivery March 15th.

It disturbs me a little bit that owners with higher miles and/or longer ownership times have better range charge numbers than I do. I've been getting 255-258 since I hit 9k miles (after allowing time for pack balance.) Some folks are getting the same or better numbers than that and they have over 20k miles. I have a B pack... but I'm wondering if the combination of 21" wheels, pano, and having a performance makes any difference. My avg kwh is 350... which seems to be higher than most on here, but it's tough to say because not everyone reports whether they have 21's, Performance, or Pano... which all should affect avg kwh along with driving habits (most of my miles are hwy back and forth to work.) 21's are an obvious hit to efficiency. Performance could be too because you can theoretically pull more juice out of the pack when putting it to the floor, possibly leading to faster degradation on Tesla Grin launches... and the pano roof adds about 200lbs from what I've read, so that could add to the stress on the battery, over time at least. Last important factor besides battery age, mileage, driving habits, and car weight I believe is location (and more importantly climate)... Down here in GA we have hotter days during the spring/summer so maybe that leads to faster degradation than some of you folks in the northwest/northeast and SF bay area?
I know I'm still within normal ranges with my loss of rated miles, but it still concerns me I'm a little below the average (at least it seems that way)

To offer another data point, I have a P85, 21's, 22k miles, 378 lifetime wh/m (yeah, I know...), pano roof, mostly highway miles, VIN 068xx, in beautiful southern California. I did a 100% charge yesterday and got 260. My (usual) 90% charges have had kind of a lot of variance lately, anywhere from 225-228 though I saw 233 a couple times.

Updated: I have a "B" pack.

To offer another data point, I have a P85, 21's, 22k miles, 378 lifetime wh/m (yeah, I know...), pano roof, mostly highway miles, VIN 068xx, in beautiful southern California. I did a 100% charge yesterday and got 260. My (usual) 90% charges have had kind of a lot of variance lately, anywhere from 225-228 though I saw 233 a couple times.

Updated: I have a "B" pack.
Yea I've never seen 225. 224 is the best I've seen at 90% IIRC.. And I normally get 222. I'm newer than both of you too- min VIN is mid 11k

Last edited:
Wow! Your avg kwh is higher than mine and you have the 19's. Wonder if that's because you drive more aggressively or the NJ cold has something to do with it? or both? Either way- nice to see somebody really using their car a lot and enjoying it. Out of curiosity, what's your rated 90% and range charge?

My 90% is between 224-228 and range charge last week was 256.

Just blew through 43,000. Exactly 1 year old.

Philip MacAfee

I'm not too far behind you Philip. Mine will be exactly one year old in 2 weeks and I'm at around 35,000.

I've had two rear tire replacements, but it was because of damage not tire wear. I think the tread is wearing slightly unevenly in the front. Look like one of them will have to be replaced soon, while the other still looks ok.

I've done my 12,500 and 25,000 service visits. I've had one drive unit replacement, one door handle replacement, and one mobile connector replacement.

Now at 31,292 miles after 18 months. Sig P85 averaging ~350wh/mile. Stock 21" continental DW tires for first 22K miles, then staggered 21" setup with Continental 5P tires. Similar wh/mile with both tire/wheel setups. I think better alignment/camber bolts and lighter wheels balance stickier 5P tires. Range charged yesterday and got 286 ideal miles and 252 rated miles on 5.9.

Still the best car ever!

I am at 7k miles at 5.5 months. At 236 miles with a 90% charge. Ave wh/mi is 363. I started at 375 when I first thought to begin monitoring my usage. I think I set the usage pretty high early on with all the demo's for friends and flooring it everywhere I went. P85, 21's with DW tires. First major service inspection will be on Monday - fingers crossed.

Not mileage but …

yqa4aba5.jpg

I just surpassed 10,000 kWh.

Just shy of 30k miles.