Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch screen control for wipers is dangerous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the OP's suggestion. I would recommend practicing putting one's hand on the monitor and using the wiper controls without looking. You may find that you can quickly learn to do it. I wrap my fingers around the bottom of the monitor, and then reach up with my thumb. It's a bit like using one's smartphone. After a while, you get used to the distance to reach certain distances without looking.

The other technique I tried before, just practicing not looking, is to RainX the windshield all over, EXCEPT, the part over the sensor. Then the sensor gets exposed to the same droplets as before, but the rest of the windshield has much smaller droplets, so that when the wipers do wipe, it seems plenty often enough.
Thanks for that tip. I like rainx , without wipers at all over 37 mph it just blows off. The other day, I was on the highway in the rain with wipers off. Rain blowing off fine.
I put on the cruise control and the wipers came on, and I couldn’t shut them off until I shut off cruise control. That was annoying.
Any tips?

Saw this online:

Noticed with the latest update 2023.12.1 you can now toggle between wiper speeds using the left scroll button (left/right press) after you pull up the wiper menu by pressing once on the stalk. Very useful feature, safety wise.
Yes, this is the feature that finally got me to give up my late 2020 firmware earlier this year and finally allow the update. Still don't like the V11 UI though :)

Last edited:
Im still disappointed there are so few discrete steps to wiper control...

On a analog/digital encoder it seems like the Exact speed could be dialed in the user desires within the entire range, whether that be to control time of the delay, or period of the wipe.