Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing since the Dec/Jan text. No real update when I phone up.

now have the 2 orders - original and salary sacrifice lease - will be interesting to see which arrives first!

for some reason I’m still checking the source for a VIN on a daily basis. No idea why.

what’s the chances I end up with a 20 plate!
I still do not have a vin in source code, but do have one in the Final Invoice. This also has a "Scheduled Delivery Date" of the 2nd of Jan, although the chap on the phone said it would likely be later than this.Hopefully yours is matched soon too.

they brought it forward a week

so after 231 days Sonic finally arrived. Haven’t tried the tow bar yet (too dark). But pleased as punch to get it!!

Congratulations! If you've never fitted a removable tow bar before (I hadn't) you may have to concentrate on those instructions! It's a really excellent quality fitting ... and it's easy to do ... but ... it's one of those things that would be easier to show a person than to explain in a manual! As soon as you have done it once it all becomes clear, and won't be an issue in future.

Reactions: pmg102
Congratulations! If you've never fitted a removable tow bar before (I hadn't) you may have to concentrate on those instructions! It's a really excellent quality fitting ... and it's easy to do ... but ... it's one of those things that would be easier to show a person than to explain in a manual! As soon as you have done it once it all becomes clear, and won't be an issue in future.
I watched YouTube videos on it... 7 months ago!! Lol

There is updated manual content for tow bars. I’m putting here in case people find useful...

(and here is my bike carrier review for those that missed it: M3 + Tow hitch + Atera Strada DL 3)

FD31E05F-444D-4EF7-BE79-B6F22CB08343.jpeg
32E31E60-EAE3-4C1A-8DA9-527ECE73BBB8.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Cogarch
Any idea why Tesla rates the tow hitch at 910kg max, but the V5 states 1000kg? Is this because the car is approved for 1000kg but the tow bar manufacturer only rates to 910kg?

My guess this is due to the difference between a US ton and UK tonne

A US ton is 907kg - which rounded a little bit is 910kg

I'm betting the V5 figure is incorrectly calculated based on a towing capacity of "1 ton"

? Just a thought ?

Has anyone recently placed an order for a tow bar?

order 22/01/20 SR+ white, aero, black interior, tow.

The option to amend my order has now disappeared and there’s no hidden vin.

The Edinburgh sales centre suggested April for delivery. Is the realistic?

I just noticed that my car spec on our account doesn't list the tow hitch. Anyone else with tow got it listed on their account? This is an early 2019 order.

I'm curious to double check it in the car now* - obviously we do have it fitted and listed on the invoice, although only tested it the once. Not an issue, but if we ever needed to officially prove tow hitch say to a potential purchaser, its not listed with the car.

1621671049587.png

* just checked and tow package is listed under 'additional vehicle information'

Last edited:
We haven’t collected ours yet but ordered from inventory recently as the tow hitch hasn’t been available as an extra on the custom order for some weeks now. Made me wonder if it was going to become a standard item but that seems a bit unlikely. Not sure any of that would explain what you are seeing though.