Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. Did ask where all our cars are!
I asked if the staff were surviving the craziness and they are loving it, but some days don’t go quite as planned.

Currently 70 cars per day. Ramping to 200!?! Per day. So hang in there.
I’ll put first impressions in a more appropriate thread but despite all the hype it’s still miles better than I’d ever hoped for.

Unicorn tail !!!!!!!!!!
Looks great @pacman65 thanks, I'll send some of my Nessie pictures your way!

You're on an SR+, anyone out there like to admit to having a LRAWD with Tow?

It think the unicorn range is something along the lines of

Unicorn- SR+ with Tow
Unicorn LRAWD Tow
Unicorn+ SR+ FSD White Interior 19" Tow

Still no Vin for me - arrrggggghhhhhh!!! I am really glad I went for FSD, expecting to have totally lost the plot by the time the car arrives and I won't be capable of driving.

Yes it's removable.
There is even a plastic blanking plate that covers the underside where the tow bar connects to restore the smooth underside when it's not in use.

I'll take some photo's, but I think there's a you tube clip of someone in Europe fitting one.

I've wondering about the accumulation of dirt and dust whilst towing. Is it designed and placed in a way that it will stay relatively free of road schmutz?

My VINs in the 52'000s does any one have an idea of which boat their car is on with a similar VIN range?

Colleague just took a test drive and ordered (using my referral code) - dealer told him 3 months+ delay if he wanted tow bar (So he changed his mind on that).
I'm my pretty short time in the Tesla world I've come to realise that no one in Tesla UK knows anything about delivery times nor the factors that influence it. Actually, it's not just delivery times - take anything they say with a very large pinch of salt.

I think it’s the fact that LRAWD got pushed back when they removed it from sale and tried to get everyone to switch to a P-, which couldn’t be spec’d with a towbar, leaving anyone who wanted the extra range either having to give up the towbar or get the ‘if you ordered it, we will deliver it’ without any kind of timeframe provided. I managed to get through to Tesla in June when they removed the LR from sale and that was the last I heard from them

Just any kind of timeframe would be nice. I appreciate that the guys at the end of the chain don’t often get told any info but there must be some kind of production schedule somewhere, I.e. week 40 is RHD, 41 is LHD and some kind of idea of variants - seems to me that for a cash buyer surely it would be in Tesla's Interest to fill the order rather than building cars they hope to find a buyer for once it gets half way across the Atlantic

I was talking to someone from Tesla in Amsterdam today about the problem customers are having with orders for towbars and 19" Wheels. They confirmed they were both a real problem (in terms of availability) but that Tesla in the US had been in touch to say a very large batch of Model 3's with towbars are on a vessel arriving later this month. So I expect early orders and recent orders alike for cars with towbars will all be matched at the same time.

Please. Please. Please. Please be true

I’m a very optimistic and patient person but seeing people get delivery within 3 weeks of ordering, after ordering 52 minutes after the page opened on 1st May is very disheartening!

I have a hidden VIN, and an email from Tesla saying it’s due for delivery first week in October. That puts it on the Glovis Courage I believe (due in to Panama later this-evening).

The reply about October wasn’t a delivery-specific email, it was bonus info in an email about something else.

The Unicorn Combos are on the way! (well, Unicorns with black innards so far)