Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final invoice & VIN appeared late yesterday :)

The trick to get a VIN was that I didn't look at the TMC or source code yesterday, until I got the email from Tesla...

I can confirm the 'watched pot doesn't boil' adage is true ;)
Congrats! I take it you get an email warning you an invoice has been issued? So theoretically I could lay off the f5 for a while?

Final invoice & VIN appeared late yesterday :)

The trick to get a VIN was that I didn't look at the TMC or source code yesterday, until I got the email from Tesla...

I can confirm the 'watched pot doesn't boil' adage is true ;)
Congrats on your final invoice.......not sure where mine is, I ordered same spec less FSD 3 whole days before you. Maybe its the North/South divide?

Congrats! I take it you get an email warning you an invoice has been issued? So theoretically I could lay off the f5 for a while?

Yes - email saying final invoice available, please log in and pay your balance. I have a gut feeling Tesla are starting to get things in order, it made no sense to put an SC vin in when the sensible thing would be to encourage the customer to settle the balance with a final invoice.

Congrats on your final invoice.......not sure where mine is, I ordered same spec less FSD 3 whole days before you. Maybe its the North/South divide?

So we have identical cars except I paid an eye watering 5K to access part of the software that is most likely on your car as well!

I don't think it's North / South divide, I think it's economics, if I was Elon I'd be trying to get as much cash in as possible. I can see that before the end of the quarter they'd be enabling & matching FSD as much as possible.

Having spent ages looking up everyone that announces they have a VIN etc in the spreadsheet to speculate where mine is in the queue I concluded it will get here when it gets here, as painful as that is.

Hopefully yours will be there soon! :)

Reactions: Roy W.
Yes - email saying final invoice available, please log in and pay your balance. I have a gut feeling Tesla are starting to get things in order, it made no sense to put an SC vin in when the sensible thing would be to encourage the customer to settle the balance with a final invoice.

So we have identical cars except I paid an eye watering 5K to access part of the software that is most likely on your car as well!

I don't think it's North / South divide, I think it's economics, if I was Elon I'd be trying to get as much cash in as possible. I can see that before the end of the quarter they'd be enabling & matching FSD as much as possible.

Having spent ages looking up everyone that announces they have a VIN etc in the spreadsheet to speculate where mine is in the queue I concluded it will get here when it gets here, as painful as that is.

Agreed, when I bought the new shape BMW X1 it took about 3 months from order to sitting behind the wheel. I know it was built to order but at no where near the same volume. I seem to remember I had a call once a month until about two weeks to go when I had a call to say it was on its way and they gave me a pick up date. In total about the same time frame.

Reactions: Roy W.
Also got a source code vin overnight.

Seems like there are some towbars on the way!

LR AWD MSM 18in with towbar

Looks Like Fuzzball is exactly the same as mine, nearly my turn

As per the order summary thread, I have a collection date, now 26th September, 2 weeks earlier than expected!!

Can't quite believe it - feels like I've witnessed an alien spaceship landing.. :eek:

Hopefully this is a wave coming through and more orders will be fulfilled - best of luck everyone :)

Reactions: Rooster6655
Improving? Doesn't that imply some aerodynamics were present in the first instance ;)

Would be good to know official towing weights of that thing though.

Aerodynamics? It had a hen house and a dozen lovely chickens when it went up to Cumbria, but yes it’s about as aero as the chucks ( can fly over a dry stone wall, but they need a run at it).

I’ll fetch it back to Hampshire in a month so we can find the efficiency impact then. With most of the M6 to run at we might reach terminal velocity.

As per the order summary thread, I have a collection date, now 26th September, 2 weeks earlier than expected!!

Can't quite believe it - feels like I've witnessed an alien spaceship landing.. :eek:

Hopefully this is a wave coming through and more orders will be fulfilled - best of luck everyone :)

Hey Fella.
I got 26th at 11:30 Heathrow on the wepage (no invoice tho)... So excited....
We can compare unicorns if thats close to your time and place :)

Has anyone who has already received a Model 3 with tow seen any loading limits. Early in the thread, there was a discussion regarding allowed weight for tow rack and that with Model Y, at 54kg,it is less than the tow hitch nose weight.

I have been in touch with Tesla, Thule and Westfalia (the manufacturers of the tow hitch) and have received no response from Tesla regarding any bike rack limitations - nothing is mentioned in the Eur 2019.16 manual other than nose/tongue weight at 90kg. I have actually asked Tesla if this can be updated if there are restrictions for bike carriers.

Westfalia Support/Horizon Global Europe/Africa said:
First of all, regarding your Telsa vehicle, in most case the nose load for towing and the nose weight for the cycle carrier are identical but in some instance, manufacturer have two different weight, one nose load for towing and one for cycle carrier.

You will need to respect the vehicle manufacturer information [Westfalia support then mentioned that 54kg must be adhered to if manufacturer states that - as with Model X]

So the question is, for Model 3, have Tesla published a different nose weight for tow and bike? With it being omitted from the manual, I wondered if it might be in any towbar instructions supplied with the car.

Phoned up Tesla today.

Told them I would pick up from anywhere (shy of Fremont itself)

They are going to add me to the list of people that can pick up with short-notice from Heathrow (i.e. <48 hours). Not ideal, but I can get an Avios flight for £10 down from Manchester, and then a great excuse for a 212 mile drive home (If I drive a direct route I'd hope to get this to <200 miles)

Otherwise he said 2nd week of October from Stockport.

Obviously I still have no VIN or anything else of real interested in the source code

Reactions: Fullerene
called in today. Apparently there are 4 un-allocated towbar cars available if you are perhaps willing to compromise on colour (possibly?) or range selection (unlikely)... 2 LR AWD (perl white and a MSM, both black interiors I think) and 2 SR+ (one black, one white). You'd also have to collect from where ever they are destined for. If you would be willing to change and collect from wherever, give them a call!

Rep also confirmed that no more transporters are coming up to Edinburgh now until after the quarter end.

(there may have been 5, and I might be booking a trip to Manchester. Will see if the final invoice shows up over the weekend)

called in today. Apparently there are 4 un-allocated towbar cars available if you are perhaps willing to compromise on colour (possibly?) or range selection (unlikely)... 2 LR AWD (perl white and a MSM, both black interiors I think) and 2 SR+ (one black, one white). You'd also have to collect from where ever they are destined for. If you would be willing to change and collect from wherever, give them a call!

Rep also confirmed that no more transporters are coming up to Edinburgh now until after the quarter end.

(there may have been 5, and I might be booking a trip to Manchester. Will see if the final invoice shows up over the weekend)

I really want white interior... I’d regret it if I went for black. So I guess I’ll wait.