Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Save your breath, he's been told, asked, cajoled, and ridiculed for it - he doesn't care ....
Quite honestly, I'm convinced he does that specifically because it annoys others. He's a BMW fan who, for some reason, insists on coming into the Tesla forums and telling us, among other things, how afraid we all should be that BMW is building hybrids. (Ooh, I'm trembling just at the thought of it!)

I assume his goals to be either stir up trouble, annoy Tesla fans & owners, or see how long it takes until everyone in the forum sets to ignore him (which I just did). Then he can say whatever he wants and absolutely nobody will care. :D

Quite honestly, I'm convinced he does that specifically because it annoys others. He's a BMW fan who, for some reason, insists on coming into the Tesla forums and telling us, among other things, how afraid we all should be that BMW is building hybrids. (Ooh, I'm trembling just at the thought of it!)

I assume his goals to be either stir up trouble, annoy Tesla fans & owners, or see how long it takes until everyone in the forum sets to ignore him (which I just did). Then he can say whatever he wants and absolutely nobody will care. :D
A perfect diagnosis.

I wonder if this image from the Model 3 Testing document sheds any more light on tow options.
(from: It's alive! [All spoiler, no speculation] )

Model3-Rear-Straps.JPG

Reviving this thread because of something I just noticed in the Model 3 owners manual, page 136, quote:
———————————————————————-
Towing a Trailer
Warning: Do not use Model 3 for towing purposes. Model 3 does not currently support towing. Towing can cause damage and increase the risk of a collision.
Caution: Using Model 3 for towing before Tesla-approved towing components and accessories are available may void the warranty.
———————————————————————-

My interpretation is that in the future there will be a towing option for the Model 3. My guess is that all cars produced will be able to have the Tesla factory option tow hitch installed. But that is just a guess.