Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS reset on V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Button is missing for me, too, but just changed wheels (with Gen2 sensors) and it auto learned. no button required.

A message popped up after 2 miles to confirm new wheels. Said yes, it started showing the pressure.

Changed out my winter tires and wheels for my summer tire and wheels.
You you have to do in go into tire config pick the new size and wheel style (I go from 19" in winter to 21" in summer)
and it will learn the sensors after driving for a bit. Works similar to the new sensors (433Mhz).

I did reset of Gen2 sensors by changing Wheel config.
Changed out my winter tires and wheels for my summer tire and wheels.
You you have to do in go into tire config pick the new size and wheel style (I go from 19" in winter to 21" in summer)
and it will learn the sensors after driving for a bit. Works similar to the new sensors (433Mhz).
This thread has to do with the Gen 1 Baolong TPMS system. The newer Gen 2 Continental system will reset automatically, as you say.

For those of us with older cars that have the Gen 1 Baolong system, we need the TPMS reset button that we have used for years when switching wheels, otherwise the system doesn't work and just gives an error message on the dash. Tesla really screwed up when they removed the reset button; for those of us with the older system who swap wheels, often for snow tires, not having the reset button is a really big deal. Telling us that it happens automatically with Gen 2 sensors is not helpful. Switching to the Gen 2 system requires Tesla service changing the sensor receivers plus buying eight new sensors and paying for eight tires to be remounted and rebalanced. That is a really expensive upgrade! All because Tesla screwed up the software update.

Yes, I'm really irritated by this mistake. There is no excuse for it whatsoever!

This thread has to do with the Gen 1 Baolong TPMS system. The newer Gen 2 Continental system will reset automatically, as you say.

For those of us with older cars that have the Gen 1 Baolong system, we need the TPMS reset button that we have used for years when switching wheels, otherwise the system doesn't work and just gives an error message on the dash. Tesla really screwed up when they removed the reset button; for those of us with the older system who swap wheels, often for snow tires, not having the reset button is a really big deal. Telling us that it happens automatically with Gen 2 sensors is not helpful. Switching to the Gen 2 system requires Tesla service changing the sensor receivers plus buying eight new sensors and paying for eight tires to be remounted and rebalanced. That is a really expensive upgrade! All because Tesla screwed up the software update.

Yes, I'm really irritated by this mistake. There is no excuse for it whatsoever!

My car is a 2013 P85 I have Gen 1 Baolong sensors. They have changed the way the can talks to the sensors I guess.
Now when you change the wheel config, it must automatically trigger the TPMS reset while visually changing the wheels on your screen.

My car is a 2013 P85 I have Gen 1 Baolong sensors. They have changed the way the can talks to the sensors I guess.
Now when you change the wheel config, it must automatically trigger the TPMS reset while visually changing the wheels on your screen.
This is correct.

When I switched to summer tires a few weeks ago I changed wheel config and it triggered the reset.

It doesn't tell you that it is doing anything, but after a short drive you will get the message "TPMS reset" (or something to that effect).

Changing wheel config works for Gen 1 also.

On 2020.12.11.5 it magically appears. Wizardry :cool:

Attachments

• 20200508_220218.jpg
    20200508_220218.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 91