Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track junkies, need some info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why I feel camber arms are the best mod to do first. The P3D suffers from a lack of front end and it's rolling the tyres onto their shoulders even at high pressures. Once you get the tyre working properly it will help with the balance and tyre wear issues. Particularly at short, medium-speed courses, fixing the camber will lead to a big improvement.

Reactions: destructure00
And that’s what I’m wrestling with. Want to do an HPDE after 12 years, have already done basic brake work, but don’t want to destroy $1300 worth of PS4S tires either (definitely will consider wheels/tires if I keep going).

Would the camber arms with stock tires allow me to enjoy the day with reasonable tire degradation? With the adjustable MPP front at say -2.5 degrees for the event, revert back as close to 0 for daily, and leave the rears at around -1.5 permanently?

And that’s what I’m wrestling with. Want to do an HPDE after 12 years, have already done basic brake work, but don’t want to destroy $1300 worth of PS4S tires either (definitely will consider wheels/tires if I keep going).

Would the camber arms with stock tires allow me to enjoy the day with reasonable tire degradation? With the adjustable MPP front at say -2.5 degrees for the event, revert back as close to 0 for daily, and leave the rears at around -1.5 permanently?

Only Mountainpass Performance Camber arm will let you do that. Any other won't let you adjust it on the fly. I go from -1.6 daily to -3.3 in the front within 10 mins per side including taking off and putting on the wheels as well as adjusting the toe.

Only Mountainpass Performance Camber arm will let you do that. Any other won't let you adjust it on the fly. I go from -1.6 daily to -3.3 in the front within 10 mins per side including taking off and putting on the wheels as well as adjusting the toe.

I don't know much about alignment is it pretty easy to set the settings when adjusting the camber or are you having to measure as you do it? Does the rear need camber adjustment?

I don't know much about alignment is it pretty easy to set the settings when adjusting the camber or are you having to measure as you do it? Does the rear need camber adjustment?

MPP tells you roughly how much turns to do for the front toe when you go between different camber settings. I also use pen marker for my my street setting which was done at alignment shop so I can always quickly go back to street toe setting.

For rear, I don't find adjusting small amount of camber affecting the toe.

I would recommend -3 degrees in the front (or more) and -2.5 or more in the rear.

TBH, there's no reason to not just leave the camber as-is. Toe is what is going to kill your tires, not camber.

Also, for those wondering, I have not noticed any range loss with additional camber. I am sure there is a very small percentage but it's negligible.