Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you're light on 15 times

I just got "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"

Finally!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

my delivery to Toronto is still saying march- thoughts everyone on rough time between in production to delivery?

you're light on 15 times

I just got "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"

Finally!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

my delivery to Toronto is still saying march- thoughts everyone on rough time between in production to delivery?

My S85 last fall was in production about 3 days and was delivered to Toronto in about 10 days after that. Best of luck with the wait. I would love to see and experience the S85D once you get it. Maybe at the next Ontario club meeting.

I haven't scheduled anything - I also plan on picking it up the first instant I can (and getting it directly to the Xpel installer before I take it home, that's going to be a long day or two!)

I called they are super friendly and said I'm looking at maybe Monday or Tuesday if the weather cooperates with the truck bringing it out here. This is going to be a long week!

Last edited:
What do you guys and gals suppose is the latest date for ordering an S85D to ensure December delivery?

I'm really holding out for more color choices for upholstery and paint (and paint shop finalization, and general working out of kinks), but don't want to get delayed into 2016 by Model X.

What do you guys and gals suppose is the latest date for ordering an S85D to ensure December delivery?

I'm really holding out for more color choices for upholstery and paint (and paint shop finalization, and general working out of kinks), but don't want to get delayed into 2016 by Model X.
Really hard to say...Tesla is unpredictable....from following threads on tmc and personal experience I would say August,/September for a US delivery,but all depends on what they focus on.

I got an email this morning that said Tesla is ready to accept my final payment. My delivery date is now "on or about 2/23" while the portal still says late march(?!?!?!) and I am still just in the queue (not surprising). I guess I better work on getting my HPWC installed this weekend. time to start counting the days.

S85D
Delivery: Fremont
Metallic blue paint, pano roof, black leather, alcantara head liner, carbon fiber dash, premium interior, UHF sound system, 19" Turbines, dual chargers, tech package, air suspension, rear facing seats.

No delivery for me tomorrow. DS just called. All 85D vehicles have had a service hold placed on them due to some testing that apparently didn't get done at the factory. The work will take 36-hours so he's estimating Friday afternoon. But says he will call as soon as it's ready. The detail shop can't work on it until Tuesday given their schedule. So if I get it on Friday then I'll have it over the weekend which would give me more time to give commentary on it.

Edit: I should add the car is at the service center in Seattle. The work is being done there.

Last edited:
My personal speculation is that they found some problem that they aren't sure if my car has or not. They have to do testing and/or dis-assembly to determine and then possibly remedial work. I'm just not buying that the factory neglected to do a QA step (which is what he said) or that a QA step takes 36 hours to complete. I'm betting the 36-hours is a worst case scenario so I'm hoping I get a call to go down earlier. But yeah this is obviously better than a problem later.