Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
breser you were definitely the kid in the back seat yelling ARE WE THERE YET every 30 seconds weren't you? :biggrin:

I don't recall doing that but I generally always slept on road trips, my parents might say otherwise though. But I'm very anxious to get the car. Looking at "In Production" on the dashboard for nearly 3 weeks now will do that to you. Especially when there's so much uncertainty about what's going on.

Regarding when it went back on the line and what delivery timing looks like all he replied with was that the computer updated with the latest production status last night and that the original schedule was early next week. Last night would be the standard Wednesday night thing that I'd noticed earlier. Starting to wonder if their ability to see what's going on in production on a vehicle is limited to a once a week update (beyond just what we can see on the dashboard which clearly does update faster).

He didn't give me any estimate on delivery. I was betting on the 19th but that was based on my assumption of resuming production early. Girlfriend keeps joking about a Valentine's Day delivery (all the way back to October), so maybe she's right.

Ahhhhhh you're right!!! How did you sneak that far ahead of me! lol When did you confirm? seems there is no real logic here

I ordered on the 24th of October, confirmation was delayed until the 6th of November due to problems with my order. There are reasons for the timing of my order that I can't get into here.

Spoke to my DS this afternoon. Car finished production yesterday, it's waiting for 3 more cars to finish to have a full truck to Seattle. He expects the car to leave early next week and they'll be able to deliver it ~12 hours after it arrives. So looks like 2nd half of next week.

I ordered on the 24th of October, confirmation was delayed until the 6th of November due to problems with my order. There are reasons for the timing of my order that I can't get into here.

Spoke to my DS this afternoon. Car finished production yesterday, it's waiting for 3 more cars to finish to have a full truck to Seattle. He expects the car to leave early next week and they'll be able to deliver it ~12 hours after it arrives. So looks like 2nd half of next week.

Wow. Crazy that the cars are finally shipping. Been waiting since July. We ordered then, expected delivery in October. Thankfully it was delayed to December, so we were able to get dual motor. Original delivery for Feb, then March. We are in the 69,000's and are in Chicago, but have not received any notification about production :(. Waiting patiently for 7 months.

Did you manage to get it in green? I recall you going back and forth with them on the color issue, and the exterior color is conspicuously missing from your signature.

Tracking S85D Delivery Thread

Did you manage to get it in green? I recall you going back and forth with them on the color issue, and the exterior color is conspicuously missing from your signature.

If @breser managed to get his S85D in green, he probably has even more of a unicorn than the green P85D I have now. I was in the same order/upgrade window back in late Sept / early Oct and was told after the D announcement that a Green D can only be had in the P version; the alternative would have been to stick with the vanilla S85 that I had on order up until that point.

@breser, no pressure to reveal the circumstances; just "nod" if Tesla managed to retain a bucket of Green paint to produce your car now :)