Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
information update:
my car VIN #63445 will be delivered at 2 pm on Sunday Dec. 14, 2014 without NextGen seats.

According to my DS NO NEXT GEN SEATS are available at this time for _ANY_ P85D car being delivered.
based on what I'm reading and what I've been told it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY anyone will receive a car by the end of the year with the Next Gen seats - I’m also doubting January.

Options being offered to P85D customer are:
1 - take delivery now, install Next Gen seats later (January’ish is what I was told)
2- Take delivery now, keep the seats that were installed at delivery and receive a credit for the difference
3 - do not take delivery and wait for the seats to be installed - delivery date is TBD for this option
4 - cancel your order

I would also advise customers choosing option #1 to prepare themselves for a long wait for the seats - it’s not that I don’t think Tesla honestly means to get the seats to me in January - it’s just based on their track record and the likely logistics that I’m going to say they are being optimistic.

If your DS is assuring you of a delivery in the next 2-3 weeks and assures you your car will have the next gen seats installed at delivery may I humbly suggest that your DS is simply being optimistic, but that result would be counter to all the evidence presented so far.

my DS contacted me via eMail and asked me to call him. Which I did.

I can't wait to receive the car!

Last edited:
information update:
my car VIN #63445 will be delivered without NextGen seats at 2 pm on Sunday Dec. 15, 2014 without NextGen seats.
According to my DS NO NEXT GEN SEATS are available at this time for _ANY_ P85D car being delivered.

Two questions:
1) Will the car be coming with the next gen seats?
2) Do you mean Monday Dec 15, or Sunday Dec 14?

Opinion based on this delivery: It looks like both of the first deliveries will be Factory and early builds. While some later build cars have been completed, none have been delivered yet, so there may be something different (or not) about those later builds.

I would also advise customers choosing option #1 to prepare themselves for a long wait for the seats - it’s not that I don’t think Tesla honestly means to get the seats to me in January - it’s just based on their track record and the likely logistics that I’m going to say they are being optimistic.

Just a point of clarification, yes, Tesla decided a 4.9*'s wasn't good enough for your car seats and wanted the supplier to make changes so the seats would receive a 5* rating. But Tesla does not make the seats. So any delay in receiving the seats will have to do with the supplier, NOT Tesla.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. My dashboard just changed in the last couple of hours to "Production Complete: Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or deliver."Production Complete

Ordered: 10/14/2014
Confirmed: 10/27/2014
Re-Confirmed: 11/18/2014
Estimated delivery: Late December
Scheduled delivery date: 12/29/2014
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Chicago, IL
Color: Blue
Wheels: 19" base
Interior: Black, Obeche matte, white headliner
Options: All but 3rd row, premium interior, and spoiler
Trading up from: 2013 BMW X5

I have updated the Google spreadsheet as well.

While all of you guys are waiting for the P85D, have you thought of doing a test drive with the newly arrived P85D demos? I did... and here's a video of it (Warning: This made my wait for my own P85D seem much longer now):
It's crazy fast! Read the video description for my drag race results against my Aventador. It was a close one.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing. I have a test drive scheduled for Monday in Orlando, can't wait, but sad I couldn't make it out there today.

Edit: Just realized you were at celebration blvd, isn't that a 35mph road? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
information update:
my car VIN #63445 will be delivered at 2 pm on Sunday Dec. 14, 2014 without NextGen seats.

based on what I'm reading and what I've been told it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY anyone will receive a car by the end of the year with the Next Gen seats - I’m also doubting January.

Options being offered to P85D customer are:
1 - take delivery now, install Next Gen seats later (January’ish is what I was told)
2- Take delivery now, keep the seats that were installed at delivery and receive a credit for the difference
3 - do not take delivery and wait for the seats to be installed - delivery date is TBD for this option
4 - cancel your order

If your DS is assuring you of a delivery in the next 2-3 weeks and assures you your car will have the next gen seats installed at delivery may I humbly suggest that your DS is simply being optimistic, but that result would be counter to all the evidence presented so far.

my DS contacted me via eMail and asked me to call him. Which I did.

I can't wait to receive the car!

I would prefer (and consider more equitable) a scenario where we are issued a credit for the seats as installed at delivery and pay for the Next Gen option when it is (later/eventually) installed by Tesla.