Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stupid question but where is the reservation number?!? I've not seen it on mytesla.com page for my car...

When you go to My Tesla on the Teslamotors.com website you should see your dashboard and it should look something like this:

Screenshot 2014-11-01 20.27.29.png

I've asked the design team for feedback on damper valving for the air and coil options. They confirmed that the air springs have not changed in rate since the P+. I moved my P+ to coils and have been very happy. My desire is to configure the PD with coils provided I am not giving up damper valving.

Is there any chance of adding suspension choice to the spread sheet (provided others are interested in this as well)?

I've asked the design team for feedback on damper valving for the air and coil options. They confirmed that the air springs have not changed in rate since the P+. I moved my P+ to coils and have been very happy. My desire is to configure the PD with coils provided I am not giving up damper valving.

Is there any chance of adding suspension choice to the spread sheet (provided others are interested in this as well)?

Can you order the P85D with coils today? Or are you trying to obtain data on interest in order to convince Tesla to offer it? If the former, I'll happily add it to the spreadsheet. If the latter, that's probably best done with a new thread, I think?

They opened up my configuration options to include delete air about 2/3rds of the way through my confirmation period. I believe this, along with a lot of other possible options, was done for everyone yet to confirm. They allowed 19s (which I took as there are some fantastic rim/tire options out there for $4500), different headliners, seats and the like.

I had already asked about PD air spring rate and damping before they opened up additional options. I was told the air spring rate was the same as the P+ but that "I would not be disappointed" with the re-valving of the dampers. The engineering team is wicked smart and I trust their judgement. I circled around again to ask about the coil v. air damping and am currently awaiting feedback.

They opened up my configuration options to include delete air about 2/3rds of the way through my confirmation period. I believe this, along with a lot of other possible options, was done for everyone yet to confirm. They allowed 19s (which I took as there are some fantastic rim/tire options out there for $4500), different headliners, seats and the like.

I had already asked about PD air spring rate and damping before they opened up additional options. I was told the air spring rate was the same as the P+ but that "I would not be disappointed" with the re-valving of the dampers. The engineering team is wicked smart and I trust their judgement. I circled around again to ask about the coil v. air damping and am currently awaiting feedback.

I didn't realize when they opened up the options that they also allowed a P85D without the air suspension. I've added it to spreadsheet.

** EVERYONE **

Please go back to your spreadsheet entry and update it to reflect Air or Coil suspension. Also if you've received a VIN please add it as well. Thanks.

Just curious why you delayed your order to August?

Well what do you know.. I got a VIN overnight! 63588. 

There you go! See, you weren't far behind at all :)

- - - Updated - - -

Please go back to your spreadsheet entry and update it to reflect Air or Coil suspension. Also if you've received a VIN please add it as well. Thanks.

Done. Could you please lock column A so it makes it easier to see what row we're on as we scroll right? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you order the P85D with coils today? Or are you trying to obtain data on interest in order to convince Tesla to offer it? If the former, I'll happily add it to the spreadsheet. If the latter, that's probably best done with a new thread, I think?

BTW Smart Air Suspension is just another option just like Tech Package, Premium Sound, etc. so if people entered All options in your spreadsheet I would assume it's included. Anyway happy to call it out separately if needed.

There you go! See, you weren't far behind at all :)

- - - Updated - - -

Done. Could you please lock column A so it makes it easier to see what row we're on as we scroll right? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Smart Air Suspension is just another option just like Tech Package, Premium Sound, etc. so if people entered All options in your spreadsheet I would assume it's included. Anyway happy to call it out separately if needed.

True. I thought about defaulting to air as well. Shrug. I've locked column A.

Last edited:
I wonder if Canadian orders got prioritized not because of shipping timing with the end of the fiscal quarter, but instead because of weather. Who better to get AWD to ASAP during winter than our neighbors to the north.

I say that because we're seeing a few early December delivery date estimates for Canadian orders. If it was due to timing, I'd expect those to all be mid/late December.

I wonder if Canadian orders got prioritized not because of shipping timing with the end of the fiscal quarter, but instead because of weather. Who better to get AWD to ASAP during winter than our neighbors to the north.

I say that because we're seeing a few early December delivery date estimates for Canadian orders. If it was due to timing, I'd expect those to all be mid/late December.

Could be true. If so, that doesn't speak well for my Miami delivery.