Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The base stereo really isn't very good. I know a few people who regret not upgrading it. As for the premium interior, I debated it, and sadly one of the items that pushed me over was the LED lighting. I had it in my previous S, but it was included back then.

Ordered: 10/24/2014
Confirmed: 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: Late December
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Mt. Kisco, NY
Color: Green Metallic
Wheels: 19" Base
Interior: Piano Black
Options: All but 3rd row
Order transferred from P85 December Delivery

Ordered: 10/24/2014
Confirmed: 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: Late December
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Mt. Kisco, NY
Color: Green Metallic
Wheels: 19" Base
Interior: Piano Black
Options: All but 3rd row
Order transferred from P85 December Delivery

Thanks for sharing. We've moved away from posting the data on the thread and have moved to a google docs spreadsheet.

Here is the link:

Tesla P85D tracking - Google Sheets

Just got an emaill from my DS. My EOL date moved up a week to 11/24, delivery now scheduled for 12/12. One week less of driving my temporary ICE. :)

Edit - ah, Tesla, how I love thee... Elon giveth and taketh away.

My DS called, just ~2 hours after the email. Tesla just sent out an internal notice/memo/message/some form of communication that orders with tan or grey (IE, not black) next generation seats may be delayed 2-4 weeks. Obviously this is confusing since my EOL date just moved *up*. My DS is looking into it and told me he would let me know when he had more info.

The spreadsheet is going to become quite entertaining and telling.

Last edited:
I created a summary tab on the spreadsheet. As of 10/27 @ 7:27p Eastern, we have 37 orders. I tried to cut/paste the tables here, but it's not working. I'll try to figure it out later. For now:

The most popular:

external color: Grey (37.8%)
internal color: Black (62.2%)
interior trim: Carbon (51.4%)
wheel: 21" Grey (56.8%)
headliner: Black (64.9%)

Last edited:
I created a summary tab on the spreadsheet. As of 10/27 @ 7:27p Eastern, we have 37 orders. I tried to cut/paste the tables here, but it's not working. I'll try to figure it out later. For now:

The most popular:

external color: Grey (37.8%)
internal color: Black (62.2%)
interior trim: Carbon (51.4%)
wheel: 21" Grey (56.8%)
headliner: Black (64.9%)

And this is 100% my car. LOL!

My DS called, just ~2 hours after the email. Tesla just sent out an internal notice/memo/message/some form of communication that orders with tan or grey (IE, not black) next generation seats may be delayed 2-4 weeks. Obviously this is confusing since my EOL date just moved *up*. My DS is looking into it and told me he would let me know when he had more info.

Sob ...

Honestly, I think the DS knows about as much as a ouiji board at this point.

I'm still the only one with gloss Obeche. What am I missing? :/

Bearing in mind that I've never seen a Tesla, much less any of the interior finishes in person, I chose the Obeche matte over the gloss because the gloss looked a little too "fake" for my tastes, and I thought fingerprints, etc., might show more easily. Somehow the matte finish seemed more "refined." But that's just personal preference. I've also opted not to go with the red brake calipers, as they seem a bit flashy for my tastes, especially on a blue car. (I didn't note that in the spreadsheet.) To each his own, right?

This is my first time through this process of anxious waiting that feels like some kind of weird mix between waiting for a new electronic gadget and a new car. Twice as hard to wait for, that is. All that's missing is for Tesla to start packaging the cars in a neat box, and for them to have that protective plastic all over the exterior to peel off.

I noticed that one other European P85D showed up on the spreadsheet, and that we're both scheduled for March. The site still says deliveries start in February, but I have yet to see anyone actually get a date prior to March. Do any of you veterans know if they usually build the European cars at the same time as the American ones, only ours go on an adventure on a boat, through customs and all that? Or do they usually build them afterwards?

Starting to see delivery dates appear on the spreadsheet :smile:. Slowly becoming a reality. Really cool! Has anyone seen or heard of any P85D's appearing as a demo in their local stores/service areas?

AFAIK there aren't any P85D demo's yet, but my DS did say they expected a demo before customer cars arrive, and said they would call me when one arrives (without my asking).

That said, they also offered the same for Model X, and I'm not really holding my breath on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my first time through this process of anxious waiting that feels like some kind of weird mix between waiting for a new electronic gadget and a new car. Twice as hard to wait for, that is. All that's missing is for Tesla to start packaging the cars in a neat box, and for them to have that protective plastic all over the exterior to peel off.

I noticed that one other European P85D showed up on the spreadsheet, and that we're both scheduled for March. The site still says deliveries start in February, but I have yet to see anyone actually get a date prior to March. Do any of you veterans know if they usually build the European cars at the same time as the American ones, only ours go on an adventure on a boat, through customs and all that? Or do they usually build them afterwards?

I haven't been around these forums very long (only a few days before the 'D' announcement when I ordered) -- but from what I've seen, Tesla does tend to manufacture for regions in batches -- so USA market one week, Asian market another week, European market another week -- apparently this is generally timed to game the "cars delivered this quarter" statistic for their public filings, and also prioritizing 'P' orders -- in which case it seems that perhaps it's P85D domestic -> P85D international -> S85D domestic -> S85D international -> S60D domestic -> S60D international.