Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 9/8/2014
Confirmed: 9/13/2014
Re-Confirmed: 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: December
Scheduled delivery date:
Actual delivery date:
Delivery location: Atlanta, GA
Color: Blue
Wheels: 21" base grey
Interior: Grey, carbon, black headliner, next-gen seats grey
Options: All but 3rd row
Trading up from:

Tried updating to the google docs spreadsheet but I watched someone else delete it

Delete what? It's still there. Interesting to see who received their VINs first. Two Canada cars, and one CA. Different external and internal colors. Not the earliest order or confirmed dates, with estimates of late December. Weird.

Delete what? It's still there. Interesting to see who received their VINs first. Two Canada cars, and one CA. Different external and internal colors. Not the earliest order or confirmed dates, with estimates of late December. Weird.

FYI, my original estimate at time of confirmation was Late December but it moved to December a day later. I kept Late December in the spreadsheet because it does mention "at time of confirmation".

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys receive an email or did it just show up on mytesla? It used to be the remote app that saw it first, but that was 18 months ago.

Same here, no email - just on the Dashboard (which I've been checking obsessively at least once a day since confirming my order :biggrin:)

- - - Updated - - -

I watched someone delete it (Anonymous Narwhal) but then I reentered it. :)

Looks like you're now entered twice. Look at the top of the spreadsheet. It was sorted by order date, and yours was way early. Did you order a non-D then changed it to the P85D?

The website does not show a VIN for me (I assume it should appear somewhere on the My Tesla Dashboard).
So it seems based on the 3 VIN's posted today, two in Toronto, and one in California. All three had late ordering times.

So the obvious conclusion with the Canadians as they are probably the longest shipping time within north america, so they are being processed first -- suggesting that they will likely be working their way down the east coast, and then back to the west coast as time progresses -- which should allow for production to be phased through November and have a lot of deliveries happen in December. It also looks like if you ordered on 10/9 or today, seems to make no difference whatsoever, but where you are geographically seems to make a big difference.

With the Northern California / Fremont deliveries, it will be interesting to see if those all cleared as well, or if they will be phased throughout the build cycle, but MarcG looks to have just gotten very lucky being one of the first VIN's assigned, and being so close -- I suspect he will get his car in November, and be making everyone else in this thread jealous.

VIN's So far have:

Exterior colors: 2 Red, 1 Brown
Interior Colors: 2 Tan, 1 Black

All with Next Gen seats.

This suggests that as someone speculated before about Tan/Gray seats causing a delay ... probably this will not be an issue (At least with the Tan seats).

I just got my VIN last night too! Grey exterior. The seat color is a bit unclear. I originally ordered in grey and called and told them to switch it to black. The PDF still shows grey. I'll be thrilled either way. My delivery location is Raleigh, NC

With the Northern California / Fremont deliveries, it will be interesting to see if those all cleared as well, or if they will be phased throughout the build cycle, but MarcG looks to have just gotten very lucky being one of the first VIN's assigned, and being so close -- I suspect he will get his car in November, and be making everyone else in this thread jealous.

I would be surprised if I'm the only NorCal person who's getting a VIN now, as I mentioned earlier some people over at teslamotors.com got theirs too. And why do you say November? Isn't delivery typically 4-6 weeks after VIN assignment?

Last edited:
First morning I didn't check first thing. Saw all these responses so checked mine. I have 63011 so apparently one of the earlier ones.
Amazing that since my last cars VIN was assigned less than a year ago Tesla has produced more cars than they produced in 2 years preceding. My current VIN is only 30287..

Sorry to hear Andrew, sounds like it's time to call your DS. By the way, what does your Dashboard status say under "Order confirmed" (left of the VIEW DESIGN button)?

I'm sure his will be one of the next batch, Rockville, MD seems to be a really popular location on this list, suggesting many orders there (efficient for shipping), and Maryland is in the northeast, (long shipping time).