Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The earlier in December the better for me. Already sold the P85+, and we're taking a road trip down to Florida the last third of the month and won't be back until January. Tesla wants the revenue recognition and I want the tax credit for 2014 not to mention I'd prefer to take the Tesla on the road trip, so here's hoping they stay on schedule. My tentative delivery of 12/18 is cutting it close.

Dallas- Congrats on your P85D order. I noticed that your entry on the P85D spreadsheet is not complete. Perhaps you did not notice that it scrolls to the right? There are columns for interior color and a bunch of other items. If you get a chance, would you please complete it? It's throwing off the summary page a bit. I tried to send you a PM instead of posting here, but it appears you're either blocking PMs or are too new to the forum.

Thanks.

Did you get someone in Calgary to install yours? Can you pass on any recommendations? I'm going to drywall/insulate/heat my garage before adding on the wall charger but that should be coming soon.

The electrician I used was pretty unsatisfactory - I think I documented my troubles in a thread on HPWC which is why I made the comment. In reality I guess the electrician in question is now much more expert than they were when I used them but I'm sure most electricians should be able to do this properly. PM me if you want to discuss.

It wasn't until they redid the order form with colors for the next gen seats.

It was after that. When Tan and Grey became an option, there was a 3x3 matrix: Black, Tan and Grey, on the x, and Next Gen, Performance, and Nappa on the y. Now textile is an option on the far left, and performance is gone. It's a 3x2 matrix. I think the change happened when the P85, 60D, green and brown were discontinued.

Spreadsheet updated.

Interesting data fact: With 105 cars reporting, SILVER is the least common color with 1.9%. Green is 3.8%, and brown is 2.9%. It's possible the color distribution on P85Ds is different than the overall Model S population, but it's still interesting that Tesla decided to drop green and brown and not silver.

Last edited:
It was after that. When Tan and Grey became an option, there was a 3x3 matrix: Black, Tan and Grey, on the x, and Next Gen, Performance, and Nappa on the y. Now textile is an option on the far left, and performance is gone. It's a 2x2 matrix. I think the change happened when the P85, 60D, green and brown were discontinued.

Maybe they decided to allow it to let people with discontinued options that needed to switch to a P85D to keep them to not pay as much and in the process just decided to allow it for everyone.

Interesting data fact: With 105 cars reporting, SILVER is the least common color with 1.9%. Green is 3.8%, and brown is 2.9%. It's possible the color distribution on P85Ds is different than the overall Model S population, but it's still interesting that Tesla decided to drop green and brown and not silver.

Yeah I noticed this. Find it hard to believe that Silver is that unpopular. Might just be an anomaly of the people on this forum. (Otherwise: Mutter about them discontinuing green).