Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems very strange to me that none of the other production starts from the 21st have seen completed. Possibly they are enjoying the Thanksgiving break and taking time off from refreshing web pages? While I'm also glad that my car seems to be running ahead of the pack, it also doesn't make much sense. I guess its possible that there are a bunch of Western Canada deliveries (with owners who are not on the TMC) all being delivered in my time frame, i.e. I'm part of a bigger movement. Anyway, below, picture that it did happen:
View attachment 64660

That's exciting! I would probably have been in the same queue as you but I told them I am on holidays Dec. 12-23 and can't take delivery until after that.

It seems very strange to me that none of the other production starts from the 21st have seen completed. Possibly they are enjoying the Thanksgiving break and taking time off from refreshing web pages? While I'm also glad that my car seems to be running ahead of the pack, it also doesn't make much sense. I guess its possible that there are a bunch of Western Canada deliveries (with owners who are not on the TMC) all being delivered in my time frame, i.e. I'm part of a bigger movement. Anyway, below, picture that it did happen:
Congrats. I cannot wait to see that on My Tesla. I have the P85 version of your P85D. I am suppose to go into production next week.

That's exciting! I would probably have been in the same queue as you but I told them I am on holidays Dec. 12-23 and can't take delivery until after that.
I might get mine just before the 12th but I imagine they wouldn't want to take a risk on it slipping.
It really is exciting. In away I'm glad that I gave up my "old" P85 early. I'm really looking forward to the p85D now, almost like I've never driven a Tesla before. It is very coolly to think that the car exists now- somewhere in Fremont.

Still in production, 8 days from now until scheduled delivery in NJ (Devon, PA). We'll see...

I really don't understand how mine can be finished and yours not - they are virtually identical and started at almost the same time. I've always been under the assumption that the production start and production complete events were automatically changed on the dashboard, i.e. they are not dependent on the relative efficiency of the DS personnel; however, this makes no sense in our current situation unless they shut the line down for the holidays and mine sneaked through before the shut down. Seems unlikely.

Not that I'm complaining :)

My P85+ seemed to take an exceptionally long time (more than the advertised time) when I ordered it so I'm enjoying this fast track!

Perhaps they only take Thanksgiving off for the US vehicles. ;-) Congrats, beautiful car!

End of line date -- accurate prediction?

Today (11/28) was the day that my car was supposed to reach "end of line" and start production. It's going to be interesting to see how accurate that prediction was. No status-change this morning, so maybe tonight. Or maybe I got caught in the "not black seats" time vortex. Are there any folks who've gone into production that also knew their end of line date? I'd be curious to see if there's any pattern.

Today (11/28) was the day that my car was supposed to reach "end of line" and start production. It's going to be interesting to see how accurate that prediction was. No status-change this morning, so maybe tonight. Or maybe I got caught in the "not black seats" time vortex. Are there any folks who've gone into production that also knew their end of line date? I'd be curious to see if there's any pattern.

My EOL was 12/1. Went into production on 11/25, tan seats. I did ask if my car could be moved up because I'm traveling later in the month and won't be back until January, and the original delivery date was within a few days of our departure. For revenue recognition for Tesla as well as tax purposes for me it's possible I was moved up. I was originally told that it was not possible to move the build forward a week, but perhaps someone canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

My EOL was 12/1. Went into production on 11/25, tan seats. I did ask if my car could be moved up because I'm traveling later in the month and won't be back until January, and the original delivery date was within a few days of our departure. For revenue recognition for Tesla as well as tax purposes for me it's possible I was moved up. I was originally told that it was not possible to move the build forward a week, but perhaps someone canceled.

I called my DS and said someone could have my spot (ie push back a week) as the family has an unexpected trip to Carnegie Hall in NYC 12th-15th.