Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, a VIN: 66654, Late December delivery in Denver. Maybe it was the grey interior that delayed things.

I'll update the spreadsheet when I get to my desktop.

I don't think your grey interior should have delayed your getting a VIN. The theory has been that it may be delaying production by a week or two, but I got my VIN (for my grey interior) at about the same time everyone else was getting theirs. Not yet in production, but wouldn't expect to be, with an estimated delivery date of week of December 22.

Just to give credit where credit is due, my DS has been pretty accurate and forthcoming with dates and has told me that my car will be in Vancouver by the 8th. He hasn't written it in blood but he seems reasonably confident that a truck with a few cars will be arriving then. The drive from there to my home city is less certain as local independent drivers are involved.
I know he sometimes logs into TMC so now he knows I'm counting on him! Don't disappoint me!

Sounds like you're on the first batch. Mine is likely to be on the next batch as they think it will be in Vancouver closer to the 20th-23rd. The anticipation brings jubilation!

Did those of you whose cars are in production receive updated MVPAs that reflect the VIN number?

I haven't yet and need it to proceed with the loan funding process (the loan having been approved at 2.19% for 60 months by Bank of America).

Reached out to DS but received an out-of-office email regarding his being out through the T'giving long weekend.

I've been waiting for the signed sales order for several days. DS told me yesterday that the DMV group within Tesla who apparently produces the document is having IT related problems :\

Edit: To be precise, I'm referring to the docu-sign version that has signatures. This is with EFCU wants. I received the non-signed versions of the MVPA 1-2 weeks ago that has all the pricing/config options.

Quick update from my DS: the production schedule is apparently slowing down for the Thanksgiving break, so he scheduled my delivery date for Wednesday Dec. 10th @ 2pm in Fremont.
When pressed as to why so late, he admitted it was a very conservative estimate and it could well be done earlier.

My thinking is that since my VIN entered production yesterday, it should normally be done by next Monday, Dec 1st. Give it an extra couple of days for T-giving slowdown, plus another day or two for delivery prep, and I'm looking at mid- to late-next week delivery. Exciting times!

My car has finished building and is now being prepared for delivery! I don't know what weekend days they worked but 5 days have elapsed including the weekend.

Awesome, congrats!! Looks like you'll have it next week then.

Andrew, can we please have an "End production date" column next to "Entered production date"? I'm curious to see how long everyone's P85D is taking to get built.

Andrew, can we please have an "End production date" column next to "Entered production date"? I'm curious to see how long everyone's P85D is taking to get built.

Yep.. Will add it in a few hours.

Edit: This is now done. You'll notice two new fields on the summary tab. # of completed orders, and average # of days in production.

Last edited:
congrats!!
looks like you'll be the first P85D in Canada :)
Not sure if that will be the case. Although the car appears to be ready a couple of days early it will still be on the same truck headed to vancouver for December 8th. Although I will officially take delivery in vancouver but it won't literally be in my hands until more like the 11th or so. Still it is great to know the car is fully built now!

- - - Updated - - -

It will be hard to tell with mine whether they have sped up the process any or whether they are working 6/7 days a week. As others have mentioned it seems to take about 5 days normally but I wondered if batching things up with limited options might have fast tracked things a bit. If it did take 5 days then they are working through weekends. I guess it will be easier to see when one of th Monday starts is complete.

This doesn't happen until the car has been flagged as delivered by Tesla. I was told in September that it might take a couple days for it to do so but it was there by the time I got home. It was not there before I went to pickup the car.
I have heard tell of early customers who said they got early access; however, my experience is as breser says. As I went to vancouver to officially accept the car, after I had signed it off as delivered, the app was enabled shortly after. This allowed me to monitor the car's voyage from Vancouver to Calgary. In retrospect seems a bit extreme but no doubt I will do this again if I can :)

I have heard tell of early customers who said they got early access; however, my experience is as breser says. As I went to vancouver to officially accept the car, after I had signed it off as delivered, the app was enabled shortly after. This allowed me to monitor the car's voyage from Vancouver to Calgary. In retrospect seems a bit extreme but no doubt I will do this again if I can :)

Of course you will. I'm still stalking my old car and that's a car that isn't mine anymore. Though I am a little curious what Tesla does with it.

Of course you will. I'm still stalking my old car and that's a car that isn't mine anymore. Though I am a little curious what Tesla does with it.
I've been doing the same thing. It was picked up in a hurry but then it never actually left Calgary for at least a day.

- - - Updated - - -

I went out of my way to get Tesla to unbind my login from my old car. I didn't want there to be any doubt if the car happened to be stolen, etc..
I hadn't thought about that. Currently I guess it is essentially still my car as I haven't yet received any paperwork though I did sign over my registration. Think I might ask them to unbind mine too. Ideally they should want that anyway. Out with the old....

You have an 85D on order?, when is it set to arrive?.....I just built one and it said March delivery =(

February.

- - - Updated - - -

I went out of my way to get Tesla to unbind my login from my old car. I didn't want there to be any doubt if the car happened to be stolen, etc..

I'm sure there's a log that would show if you unlocked/started the car via the app. I suspect that I'll be removed by the end of the week or early next week anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't thought about that. Currently I guess it is essentially still my car as I haven't yet received any paperwork though I did sign over my registration. Think I might ask them to unbind mine too. Ideally they should want that anyway. Out with the old....

Yeah I guess it sorta is still my car. I signed the paperwork but they haven't paid me yet, said it takes 7-10 days. I guess I'll get payment next week sometime given the holiday.

Just went into production.
tesla in prod small.PNG