Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I read here I have trouble believing that my car will get to Vancouver by Friday - means it would have to leave tomorrow probably. My DS was looking at a couple of different "screens" one that I can't remember that said something about routing and the other one said "ready for transport" which sounds promising but given everyone else' delays and the fact that it say "In Production" again on my dashboard - we'll see!

From what I'm reading there do seem to be a lot of Canadian P85D orders. (or just a lot of Canadians in this thread).

I'm thinking of ordering one late this week or early next week, but want to take delivery next year for 2016 Tax Credit. Taking Delivery on Jan 2nd would be ideal methinks.

Can't wait to see what the next gen seats are like, and have a test ride (My local TM store is getting one this Friday, and I'm hopefully selling my S550 by the end of the week too).

RP, it is prime numbers first. Then those ending with the current age of Elon, 43, Then red next. States ending with an 'a' next. Every 40th one is for Canada - east to west. white next then they use a magic 8-ball and run through what is left to determine the final order.

There is the mellow well mannered Canadian we all know and love and then------

there are the ones ordering P85Ds :) :) :)

Yah, GPetti, you know who I'm talking about. I'm sooooo jealous.
Yeah, waiting for the car making me crazy :smile: Don't know what you're jealous about, at this rate your beautiful 2015 P85D will be ready same time as mine. Anyway, in the meantime you're driving my original ICE dream car. I'm driving my son's manual 2005 Ford Escape with a heavy clutch and a slight smell of mold.

Yeah, waiting for the car making me crazy :smile: Don't know what you're jealous about, at this rate your beautiful 2015 P85D will be ready same time as mine. Anyway, in the meantime you're driving my original ICE dream car. I'm driving my son's manual 2005 Ford Escape with a heavy clutch and a slight smell of mold.

LOL. I just sold my ICE to a dealer for a steal I think but didn't care too much. Delivering it to them next week then I go on vacation before the D is delivered.

Gpetty our our cars will be nearly identical other than colors of exterior/interior/trim. Will be good to compare. I'm really going on a limb with the grey interior as I normally hate grey but this one looks light enough to be close to white from what I've seen.

You our will be the first D in Calgary - congrats!

Just got a call from my DS. Elon is not happy with the P85Ds coming off the line. No specific reason was given to me. All cars that were completed are put on hold for at least a week my DS says my cars will likely be delivered after Xmas. (I will be on vacation so it will be Jan 6 for me). MAJOR BUMMER :crying:

Look at it this way:
Although Tesla is working under huge pressure to deliver 33.000 cars in 2014, Elon is doing the right thing.
Cars that are not good enough to pass his high standards are not being delivered to customers.

Look at it this way:
Although Tesla is working under huge pressure to deliver 33.000 cars in 2014, Elon is doing the right thing.
Cars that are not good enough to pass his high standards are not being delivered to customers.

If necessary, they can make as many RWD units for US buyers now as possible to make the number. I don't think some initial P85D buyers waiting a week would mind letting those who ordered in August or September get their cars by end of year.

Just got a call from my DS. Elon is not happy with the P85Ds coming off the line. No specific reason was given to me. All cars that were completed are put on hold for at least a week my DS says my cars will likely be delivered after Xmas. (I will be on vacation so it will be Jan 6 for me). MAJOR BUMMER :crying:

Hmmm. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. It's excellent that EM is concerned enough that he involves himself directly in the first batch. I'm concerned, though, that this is an indicator of potential problems down the road. EM, as the final QA guy, may be able to catch the obvious flaws, but he's not going to catch the more subtle issues that might result in failures of the front drive unit - or of the other new mechanical and electronic bits that are new and unique to the P85D. :frown: I'm sure there are a lot of people in the plant sweating right now.

Personally, I'd rather wait a bit and NOT get a lemon.

Hmmm. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. It's excellent that EM is concerned enough that he involves himself directly in the first batch. I'm concerned, though, that this is an indicator of potential problems down the road. EM, as the final QA guy, may be able to catch the obvious flaws, but he's not going to catch the more subtle issues that might result in failures of the front drive unit - or of the other new mechanical and electronic bits that are new and unique to the P85D. :frown: I'm sure there are a lot of people in the plant sweating right now.

Personally, I'd rather wait a bit and NOT get a lemon.

It's certainly surprising that they didn't have any of these cars go down the assembly line to reveal whatever the problem is before starting to build customer cars.

It's certainly surprising that they didn't have any of these cars go down the assembly line to reveal whatever the problem is before starting to build customer cars.

They probably did have some built already for testing. But as Elon mentioned in regards to the Model X, some problems only occur in 1 in 100 cars built so even building a few dozen test units isn't sufficient to detect all problems.

This is incredible. Hard to imagine what would have appeared at this point to cause this kind of embarrassment. Nice to know my car will have an "Inspected by Elon Musk" sticker. I still haven't heard from my DS but my car remains "In Production" since slipping back into that state yesterday.

I spoke too soon. As I was writing this my DS was calling me. I have been told a one week delay. Currently that means the 17th or so.

Last edited:
Just talked with my DS by phone about something unrelated and asked him if delivery dates were still the same as we had planned. He stated "there's definitely been some delays. We might be looking at a few weeks past our initial delivery dates". Gave no indication for reasons.

I too would prefer to get it right instead of pushing out cars with some issues. The big motor companies and financial sector could otherwise put the hurt on Tesla.