Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bet, December 12th for the first PD delivery off the spreadsheet.
Takers????
Well to be honest that is the safest date to bet on but just to make it interesting and to reinforce my optimism that completion is imminent for us early starters, I'm going to say the 10th for the first factory pickup. Sadly my earliet date is likely to be the 15th unless they do some expediting of the shipping process.

Well I already guessed for the 10th but sadly for you I'm betting on commasign.

Lol. Yeah, hoping for the 10th as well though MarcG has the benefit of being able to pick it up at the factory. Even if my car is ready on the 10th they'd have to transport it to Rocklin which is 3 hours+ away with traffic. At this point I'll be happy if any one of us takes delivery since it means the rest of us won't be that far behind!

Lol. Yeah, hoping for the 10th as well though MarcG has the benefit of being able to pick it up at the factory. Even if my car is ready on the 10th they'd have to transport it to Rocklin which is 3 hours+ away with traffic. At this point I'll be happy if any one of us takes delivery since it means the rest of us won't be that far behind!

If I lived in Davis I'd be picking up at the factory just minimize the delivery delay and test the Vacaville Supercharger. :)

If I lived in Davis I'd be picking up at the factory just minimize the delivery delay and test the Vacaville Supercharger. :)

Yeah, actually did that the first time with my P85. Fun, but don't have the time this week (especially with commute traffic) and actually plan to drive it straight to the detailer for wrap, opticoat, powdercoat, and tint. Picking up in Rocklin would save me a day.

Let's see if there's any movement on Monday, which is when my DS promised to give me an update.

BTW I originally selected San Rafael as my delivery location since that would be the closest SC to home, but then decided to pick up at the factory instead to get the earliest date possible. Coincidentally (or not...) the same day I made the change, my car went into production :)

Let's see if there's any movement on Monday, which is when my DS promised to give me an update.

BTW I originally selected San Rafael as my delivery location since that would be the closest SC to home, but then decided to pick up at the factory instead to get the earliest date possible. Coincidentally (or not...) the same day I made the change, my car went into production :)

FWIW, my car went into production on 11/21 (first production date in the spreadsheet) and it appears I was the first Fremont pickup to go into production listed. Naturally, at the time I was pretty excited thinking that I might be one of the first to actually get my D since all the other Ds that went into production that day were to be delivered to other locations.

On Monday 12/1 I was given a Friday 12/12 pickup date by my DS, but then on 12/5 got the dreaded message from my DS that it's not going to be ready by 12/12 after all (and no new date was given).

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'd be (pleasantly) very surprised if MarcG actually got his car on 12/10...but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you because that would be a great sign for everyone here!

Yeah, actually did that the first time with my P85. Fun, but don't have the time this week (especially with commute traffic) and actually plan to drive it straight to the detailer for wrap, opticoat, powdercoat, and tint. Picking up in Rocklin would save me a day.

Whoops I should have looked at the geography better when I picked a "horse". I think Redox is also a fairly early Fremont pickup? I'm tempted to change mine to a Fremont pickup now :)

On Monday 12/1 I was given a Friday 12/12 pickup date by my DS, but then on 12/5 got the dreaded message from my DS that it's not going to be ready by 12/12 after all (and no new date was given).

Did you find out at what stage of production your car is currently in? As of yesterday (Friday 12/5) mine was in "late stages of assembly", which is apparently only followed by inspection and delivered prep. I'm still hopeful for 12/10 given that's what my DS originally scheduled way back on 11/26, the day after it went into production, and he hasn't officially cancelled it yet. Only time will tell so let's see what happens next week!

Did you find out at what stage of production your car is currently in? As of yesterday (Friday 12/5) mine was in "late stages of assembly", which is apparently only followed by inspection and delivered prep. I'm still hopeful for 12/10 given that's what my DS originally scheduled way back on 11/26, the day after it went into production, and he hasn't officially cancelled it yet. Only time will tell so let's see what happens next week!

No info as to what stage it's in unfortunately. This time around I seem to be stuck with a very uncommunicative DS...she takes several days to respond to my messages and gives me pretty much no info...my first DS for my current car was 100x better...it's too bad there's so much inconsistency with the DSs, but that's a story for another thread...

Well hopefully no one who has had to wait for a P85D smashes the windshield like that guy in China did. :redface:

Haha given that we have better tools here :cursing:
image.jpg

Whoops I should have looked at the geography better when I picked a "horse". I think Redox is also a fairly early Fremont pickup? I'm tempted to change mine to a Fremont pickup now :)

I had an appointment set up for 12/3 @ 2pm, which got cancelled the day before.
Since noone wants to say anything over there at the factory, I figured we can come up with a few "real reasons" ourselves...

"The intern crashed it"
or
"It got swallowed by a sinkhole"

-- Greg