Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So jealous you guys live in areas where there are tesla stores. Closest one to me is 120 miles away. Folks around here have never heard of Tesla. They say I'm getting a golf cart (seriously). Should I warn them to brace themselves before I punch it? Hmmm...maybe....nah...

My Brother-in-Law who drives some V8 Mustang has gone on and on to my wife how deluded I am to get this "liberal crap car that can't even get to Houston from San Antonio." I thought about calling him up and educating him, but 1) didn't want to waste the breath and 2) I can always open his eyes after the car gets here and let that do my talking.

Last edited:
My Brother-in-Law who drives some V8 Mustang has gone on and on to her how deluded I am to get this essentially liberal crap car that can't even get to Houston from San Antonio. I thought about calling him up and educating him, but 1) didn't want to waste the breath and 2) I can always open his eyes after the car gets here and let that do my talking.

Oh, This^^^^is going to be FUN!

My Brother-in-Law who drives some V8 Mustang has gone on and on to my wife how deluded I am to get this essentially liberal crap car that can't even get to Houston from San Antonio. I thought about calling him up and educating him, but 1) didn't want to waste the breath and 2) I can always open his eyes after the car gets here and let that do my talking.

All it will take is a 5 min test ride :)

I honestly don't care what seats the thing ships with, or if it even has seats. I'll bring a lawn chair and some two-hole straps if I have to. Just delivery the damn thing. lol.

Looks like my Nerf-gram has been dispatched to Elon Musk: https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking...racknum=1ZA83W821309835292&Requester=trkinppg

No tracking for the one to the factory so far...

- - - Updated - - -

@wk057:I was contemplating your delivery dilemma some more:Have you considered taking delivery at a service center closer to where you will be staying/living in late December?

Already went over this briefly and it would mess up the sales tax exemption it seems... :(

The nearest service center to where I'm staying is about 3 hours out.

I honestly don't care what seats the thing ships with, or if it even has seats. I'll bring a lawn chair and some two-hole straps if I have to. Just delivery the damn thing. lol.

Looks like my Nerf-gram has been dispatched to Elon Musk: https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking...racknum=1ZA83W821309835292&Requester=trkinppg

The image in my head of both of these is priceless! Thanks for the humor, especially considering your delivery dilemma. I am totally rooting for you!

MarcG: Your DS told you that the car doesn't have heated side mirrors. Is that true?!? I have a P85 and it has heated mirror on the same button that activate the rear window heater. I have also ordered a P85D, but it will not get to Norway before March so your videos are great stuff in the meantime. :)

Pretty sure MarcG said he was going skiing / skiboarding this weekend, which is, I expect, why he hasn't answered yet. I just watched that first video and was also surprised at this. The Tesla rep (Tyler, I believe) definitely told Marc he did not have heated side mirrors, and Marc must have the Tech Package, based on the other things in the walk through. (I also just checked the spreadsheet, and he definitely should has the Tech Package.) That being the case, he should have the heated side mirrors, as per the description of the Tech Package. (See screenshot.) If he doesn't, something is wrong. I'm hoping that was just a mistake on Tyler's part.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_51 Dec. 14 00.09.jpg
    ScreenHunter_51 Dec. 14 00.09.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 892
MarcG: Your DS told you that the car doesn't have heated side mirrors. Is that true?!? I have a P85 and it has heated mirror on the same button that activate the rear window heater. I have also ordered a P85D, but it will not get to Norway before March so your videos are great stuff in the meantime. :)

Good point, I'll have to check it since I'm leaving on a day-trip to Lake Tahoe in a few hours! Glad you're enjoying the delivery videos.

- - - Updated - - -

@MarcG is your battery revision E or F?

Hmm not sure, how would I check this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Marc, Those were some of the best videos that I have seen on the P85D. I did learn a lot and am better prepared to pick up mine on Dec 27! Great job! You went out of your way to educate all of us.

Happy to help out. Enjoy your delivery and hope you get it on time!

Last edited:
Pretty sure MarcG said he was going skiing / skiboarding this weekend, which is, I expect, why he hasn't answered yet. I just watched that first video and was also surprised at this. The Tesla rep (Tyler, I believe) definitely told Marc he did not have heated side mirrors, and Marc must have the Tech Package, based on the other things in the walk through. (I also just checked the spreadsheet, and he definitely should has the Tech Package.) That being the case, he should have the heated side mirrors, as per the description of the Tech Package. (See screenshot.) If he doesn't, something is wrong. I'm hoping that was just a mistake on Tyler's part.
Ok, thanx for answering. Probably the DS did a small mistake there, and the car has heated mirrors.
I have the sunroof on my P85, but have had some issues with it and ordered my P85D without this option. But i do also need to have a roof rack for my snowboard. Have any of you seen or heard about this system:Ski Rack | SeaSucker
To bad they discontinued the brown and green color. Wanted a brown P85D, and now i just order white since i didn't get "the feel" for any of the available colors. Still have 1 week before the order is locked so i may change color still.

Indeed I have the tech package as well as the subzero package. Am I supposed to see a separate button for the heated mirrors in the cold weather screen? Or perhaps the mirrors start heating up automatically based on exterior temperature? I did notice there was an extra perimeter line about 5mm inside of the edge of each side-view mirror, not sure if that means they can be heated...

For those of you who don't read the thread for us to whine about the delays, I'd like to point out that NorthShore reports that his car is now reporting "prep for delivery" and he is one of the 11/25 start date folks with probably the longest transportation chain, so maybe we'll start to see them break free soon.

Indeed I have the tech package as well as the subzero package. Am I supposed to see a separate button for the heated mirrors in the cold weather screen? Or perhaps the mirrors start heating up automatically based on exterior temperature? I did notice there was an extra perimeter line about 5mm inside of the edge of each side-view mirror, not sure if that means they can be heated...

I believe that extra "line" you see around the outside edge delineates the portion of the the glass that does auto dimming at night. I also believe the heated mirrors come on with the rear window defroster (no separate controls).

Mike