Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick walk-around of the sales part of the Devon, PA SC parking lot indicates that there are 13 cars readied for delivery, 7 out of them are P85DS. There is also one 60, four 85 and one P85. So more than half of the cars on the lot are P85Ds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 694
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 654
Quick walk-around of the sales part of the Devon, PA SC parking lot indicates that there are 13 cars readied for delivery, 7 out of them are P85DS. There is also one 60, four 85 and one P85. So more than half of the cars on the lot are P85Ds.

Pretty sure the one on the right, in the first picture above, is WK057's. Here is the link to the picture he posted of it: First P85D adopters stuck in black hole - Page 43

If you compare the two I think you can say with some certainty that that's his car, in better light.

I have proposed on this forum, but not yet to Tesla, that I will pay for the NG seats I ordered when they arrive and are installed as promised. In the mean-time I will accept delivery AND a credit for the lesser seats. I suspect they will refuse the proposal, and I will have to decide whether or not to accept delivery on their terms, but I am of the opinion this is the right thing for Tesla to do. The hold back provides a proper incentive for them to complete the contact as accepted.

Last week I asked my DS if we could handle the NG seats issue this way, reducing the purchase price by the NG option price and only paying for it when the seats are installed, and was told it's not possible.

Last week I asked my DS if we could handle the NG seats issue this way, reducing the purchase price by the NG option price and only paying for it when the seats are installed, and was told it's not possible.

I'm mincing words, but of course it is *possible*.

That Tesla is *unwilling* suggests to me they are:
a). Interested in keeping things simple for them (no need for later invoicing/billing). No commitments for performance or consequences for failure by them to (timely) perform against our contract.
b). Not concerned very many of us will actually refuse delivery (probably rational) with the lesser seats
c). More interested in their 4Q revenue recognition than their (weakening) reputation for putting the customer first.

Mine is a new relationship with Tesla, so I don't have much reason to afford them a great benefit of doubt, and neither does their past record.

But ... it is apparently a hell of a car, and I'd probably rather drive for a couple of months with the "wrong" seats than extend this wait. Sigh.

I finished production on the 18th, but I have absolutely no additional information. Two emails to DS have gone unanswered. No new documents, request for payment or anything. I've been assuming it's on the truck with others, but that may be wishful thinking. I believe RichG is in our same group, but apparently still in production....

With email not working, I'll start calling them tomorrow. Any of you getting updates from Georgia (DS) or Tampa (SC) ?

Spoke with the DS in Marrietta, GA this morning. Apparently I have been sitting in Fremont "waiting for Transport" since Production Complete last Wednesday. There seems to be an emerging "grey hole" resulting from insufficient shipping capacity! For the rest waiting in/around Tampa, this is consistent with the update from drron slightly upthread. No guarantees, but DS said delivery "likely" between the 28th and 30th -- but as reported elsewhere, apparently he won't know much more than that until shipment from the factory actually occurs.

I have proposed on this forum, but not yet to Tesla, that I will pay for the NG seats I ordered when they arrive and are installed as promised. In the mean-time I will accept delivery AND a credit for the lesser seats. I suspect they will refuse the proposal, and I will have to decide whether or not to accept delivery on their terms, but I am of the opinion this is the right thing for Tesla to do. The hold back provides a proper incentive for them to complete the contact as accepted.

I agree with you. The "holdback" is the proper way to create the incentive but I made that proposal to my DS several days ago and he informed me that paying for the NG seats later (i.e. when they are eventually installed) was not an option Tesla was offering. The options are: 1) stick with the seats that are delivered and get the appropriate credit at delivery (I ordered NG seats and have been told my car will be delivered with Performance seats so I believ the credit would be $1,000 because the performance seats cost $2,500 and the NG seats cost $3,500) or 2) pay for the $3,500 for the NG seats at delivery and receive a document that is signed by Tesla confirming they will deliver and install the NG seats ASAP (but no date certain provided).

Pretty sure the one on the right, in the first picture above, is WK057's. Here is the link to the picture he posted of it: First P85D adopters stuck in black hole - Page 43

If you compare the two I think you can say with some certainty that that's his car, in better light.

Probably so. I didn't see many orders for blue with silver 21's on the sheet to begin with... Edit: yeah, that is definitely mine after looking at the two pics :D

You didn't happen to notice which seats I had while you were there did you? lol

Last edited:
I'm mincing words, but of course it is *possible*.

That Tesla is *unwilling* suggests to me they are:
a). Interested in keeping things simple for them (no need for later invoicing/billing). No commitments for performance or consequences for failure by them to (timely) perform against our contract.
b). Not concerned very many of us will actually refuse delivery (probably rational) with the lesser seats
c). More interested in their 4Q revenue recognition than their (weakening) reputation for putting the customer first.

Mine is a new relationship with Tesla, so I don't have much reason to afford them a great benefit of doubt, and neither does their past record.

But ... it is apparently a hell of a car, and I'd probably rather drive for a couple of months with the "wrong" seats than extend this wait. Sigh.

In defense of Tesla, lets not forget in that list, that the expense to Tesla is literally hundreds of front and back seat combos that will be tossed aside in the coming months at their expense. They wont be able to reuse them for much of anything.

If his VIN is 63143, then the car on the right in the first picture is his. (I snapped pictures of the EPA stickers on all of them :smile:)

What's more, as I was talking to the sales guy about test driving P85D (they have two of them available for test drives), another truck with at least five P85Ds was pulling into the SC. I identified the P85Ds on the truck by observing the red brake calipers. They really pumping massive quantities of P85Ds out - fantastic to see this!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Probably so. I didn't see many orders for blue with silver 21's on the sheet to begin with... Edit: yeah, that is definitely mine after looking at the two pics :D

You didn't happen to notice which seats I had while you were there did you? lol

This car had 63143 VIN. Sorry, I did not note the seats on your particular car, but the couple I looked at had NG black seats in front, but older seats with new headrests in the back. The headrests in the back are bigger and are brought forward more than old seats. In fact because of this the rear parcel shelf now is not deep enough to cover all the area between the back of the seats anfd the lift gate.

This cracks me up. First there is nothing but discontent over the delays. Now people are complaining that Tesla is "just trying to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the year". Tesla can't win with some people. Either they are hammered for delays or criticized for delivering too many cars. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Vin # 68135 just went into production. Sweet!