Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ Kennedy, thanks for the delivery story...loved the quote from the Audi sales rep!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ditto. Actually I had a pretty similar experience when I took my A6 in to the Audi dealer for service. I had my Tesla coffee cup in my hand and all the service guys wanted to do was talk about how cool the MS is. I had to pry myself free. And I don't even have the car yet!

Ditto. Actually I had a pretty similar experience when I took my A6 in to the Audi dealer for service. I had my Tesla coffee cup in my hand and all the service guys wanted to do was talk about how cool the MS is. I had to pry myself free. And I don't even have the car yet!

Ha! The S8 was my dream car for years. Everything changed with my 15-minute test drive of a base MS85. I'm trying not to turn into an elitist d-bag snob about it, but I find myself sneering derisively at those ridiculous commercials for expensive ICEs with bows on top. Don't do it people! Don't get sucked in! There's a better way! I can already tell I'm going to be obnoxious at the New Years' Eve party tonight. But I know my friends will forgive me if i give them rides:cool:

wow that is almost identical to mine. More pics is very welcome since the sun/shade hides the color of car and wheels a bit.

Do you have the premiuim interior package? I didnt order that one but have black next gen seats and black alcantara with carbon so very close:)

The car is the metallic grey, and has numerous blue and green metallic flakes in it (according to my detailer). The pictures were opportunistic and we're crazily having a couple of very clear, sunny, days here - not that I'm complaining, rather it makes pictures hard when taking them with iPhone. It's a good excuse to go out again today and I'll take my real camera ;-)

i did not believe the premium interior worth the upgrade, though do have the yacht floor as it's now standard. I'll clean the interior up and send photos later today / tomorrow. Any particular image location requests?

Last edited:
Hi All, I picked up my fully loaded White P85D(Vin 64008) yesterday. I am running out of superlatives to describe the feeling! Gorgeous Car! More than what I had expected except for the Next Gen seats. The delivery experience was smooth since I had paid one day prior using My Tesla. My DS Armen was great and the walkthrough was smooth thanks to Keith and Alex at Nashville.
I then started my 100 mile drive home to KY, with an initial range of 227miles at 80% charge. The car had 10 miles on it when I started. I did drive about 40 miles within Nashville before hitting the interstate assuming that I still had 177 mile range. I enjoyed every minute of the first 50 miles feeling like a race car driver! with smooth silent acceleration on the interstate driving on cruise at 71 miles/hr. Then reality kicked in!! My wife warned me that the range was dropping at an insane rate and for the first time I drove at 30-40 miles/hr on the interstate with AC off!! with ICE cars passing me wondering what I was doing!!!. Finally reached my home with 2-3 miles on the display with colors changing from green to orange to red to almost nothing!!! LESSON LEARNT!!! I was shocked at the range and can't wait for the software update!!! Now my Electron Thirsty Beauty is Charged and ready to go!! Haven't tested the Insane mode yet!!. Will post pictures later!

The car is the metallic grey, and has numerous blue and green metallic flakes in it (according to my detailer). The pictures were opportunistic and we're crazily having a couple of very clear, sunny, days here - not that I'm complaining, rather it makes pictures hard when taking them with iPhone. It's a good excuse to go out again today and I'll take my real camera ;-)

i did not believe the premium interior worth the upgrade, though do have the yacht floor as it's now standard. I'll clean the interior up and send photos later today / tomorrow. Any particular image location requests?
Opted out of the premium package for the same reason.

Since it seems we have twin cars I would be interested in images of the interior showing the "no -premium"-parts, the blakc alcantara and the new seats:) also some exterior photos showing the grey with the silver wheels would be nice. Most people seem to choose the grey wheels so not too many pictures out there of the new grey with silver 21"... Also cool to see the carbon yacht floor.

to be honest you cannot take too many pictures;)

I then started my 100 mile drive home to KY, with an initial range of 227miles at 80% charge.

Finally reached my home with 2-3 miles on the display with colors changing from green to orange to red to almost nothing!!!

That doesn't seem right at all. Even with a 15% range penalty, 100 miles with 80% charge level should be a piece of cake with the heat on. What was your watts/mile? Maybe it was a lot uphill?

Got my D!! Grey Next Gen front seats, old style in back. Wow, the traction in the rain is phenomenal!
@tezzla, somehow I missed reading this... Would you please (pretty please?) post several photos of your front seats?? I would love to see that and your interior doors/dash as that is what I have ordered (next gen grey) and to my knowledge this forum hasn't seen those in real life. Thank you!

We picked up our P85D last night. Love the car...but I'm disappointed in two things. 1. The P85D has more wind noise than my new VW E-Golf. 2. The brakes are squeaking already. Will that go away as the car brakes in? I hate squeaky brakes. Other than that (and the poor range) the car is amazing! Got it tinted today and it looks even better!