Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey ElectricTundra -- check the status of your car. Mine just flipped back into "your order is confirmed - your model S has entered the production queue" status.
Yep. Mine did that a few days ago. I thought about checking w/ Nathan but figured it's just screwed up IT and he's likely busy with other stuff so didn't want to bother him. He said he'll call as soon as our cars are on their way and he's confident of when they'll get here. My schedule in March is pretty screwy so depending on when it gets here it may be April before I can get down to pick it up.

The Vin was posted to web on the 22nd of January, so not quite a Musk month to production - never anticipated anything so much, but now I am reading about some longshoreman strike that is possibly going to hold things up, hope not for everyone.

My observation has been that it's usually 6 weeks from VIN assignment to production start. Sometimes things go awry and it's longer and sometimes unexpectedly get accelerated and it's faster. But that seems to be how Tesla schedules things.

Edit: I should note that P85D's are one of those go faster circumstances. They get priority and so it's not unusual for there to be less than 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Yep. Mine did that a few days ago. I thought about checking w/ Nathan but figured it's just screwed up IT and he's likely busy with other stuff so didn't want to bother him. He said he'll call as soon as our cars are on their way and he's confident of when they'll get here. My schedule in March is pretty screwy so depending on when it gets here it may be April before I can get down to pick it up.
I fired off an email before reading your note. I'll let you know what he says.

MY DS just called.... initial delivery was March 10th in Switzerland, now pushed out to March 26th. Looks like my car was containerised but not put on the ship, and the longshoremen strike in the US, as well as bad weather on the East coast, added further delay. Not great.

However, on the bright side, I can skip mounting the winter tires and go straight to the 21" wheels.

Got my black beast today! When I called to make arrangements for pickup at the railway station tomorrow , it turned out the car was ready. Delivery done and I was on the road two hours later, very nice done by the DS :)
The car meets the expectations! Will need some days to digest all impressions. It has been snowing here today, so driving conditions are not the best and limits the room for heavy testing. But even with some snow on the ground the beast really moves ..

Got heated steering wheel and all NG seats :)

Got my black beast today! When I called to make arrangements for pickup at the railway station tomorrow , it turned out the car was ready. Delivery done and I was on the road two hours later, very nice done by the DS :)
The car meets the expectations! Will need some days to digest all impressions. It has been snowing here today, so driving conditions are not the best and limits the room for heavy testing. But even with some snow on the ground the beast really moves ..

Got heated steering wheel and all NG seats :)
AWESOME! Congratulations!

A number of people have previously stated in this thread that their European P85D is en route for delivery, do they all happen to be the LHD version?

The estimate for D vehicles for RHD countries has been pretty far out for a while.

See this post from the investor section that goes into the reported delivery estimates by country and variant:
Website wait times for delivery change - Page 18

Note that RHD countries are all much further out.

Hi all, especially ElectricTundra... Talked to our DS yesterday and the thing that caused our status to revert to square one (you are in the production queue...) after spending a few days in production-complete, is indeed a software problem on the site. Our cars are being loaded on trains to be shipped to Chicago. There's no entry in the table for that part of the process, so the software pushed us to the default value.

Thanks for the update. Interesting that they're just now getting on a train. When we were there late last year they had a major space problem with outside storage saying they only had room for a few days production (150 cars / day?) and were hoping to begin getting them out within a couple of days of completion to avoid having to use off-site storage.

I assume no indication when he expected them here? I'd guess 5-7 days to Chicago. Are they being trucked from Chicago or train?

I wonder if we'll have the new headlights? :)

Last edited:
MY DS just called.... initial delivery was March 10th in Switzerland, now pushed out to March 26th. Looks like my car was containerised but not put on the ship, and the longshoremen strike in the US, as well as bad weather on the East coast, added further delay. Not great.

However, on the bright side, I can skip mounting the winter tires and go straight to the 21" wheels.

Got similar push back for delivery in Paris, France.
Our DS confirmed so far that deliveries were expected around March 20th due to shipping issues on US east coast.

E.

Thanks for the update. Interesting that they're just now getting on a train. When we were there late last year they had a major space problem with outside storage saying they only had room for a few days production (150 cars / day?) and were hoping to begin getting them out within a couple of days of completion to avoid having to use off-site storage.

I assume no indication when he expected them here? I'd guess 5-7 days to Chicago. Are they being trucked from Chicago or train?

I wonder if we'll have the new headlights? :)

He's saying "probably second week of March, maybe a surprise and we'll see it first week of March." My sense is that Chicago is kindof a rail nightmare. So now that the cars are going there by rail and then trucked to the Twin Cities, Nathan is getting pretty conservative in his estimates.

oooOOOooo... New lights! Bright. Shiny. Objects! Want! Next Generation Headlights?

MY DS called today.... initial delivery was week of March 9th. He said my car is out of production and will be in SD Thursday afternoon if I wanted to pick it Friday Morning. I'm very happy to be getting an early delivery, this is going to be a fun weekend!