Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel really sorry for you!! Did you get any explanation, plan for replacement or excuses?
DS was very apologetic. Got floormats and promise of roofrack. Also said an extra UMC would be appreciated and he said he would do his best.

He had no ETA on replacement as it seemed he had only realised the mistake minutes before I arrived there. He honestly looked both angry and stressed about it so no grudge against him personally.

I suggested that they take some seats from the next democar to arrive and he promised to bring that up the ladder. But no promises. So based on the americans in the same situation I am trying to put "at least 3months" as the realistic goal here.

Did you get the heated steering wheel?
The only one until now that did not get the next gen seats in Norway? I feel sorry for you and hope you get the correct seats asap.
was at least 3other Ds there _with_ the new seats so that sucked beyond expression..... So close:(

But yes, did get the heated wheel though I couldnt care less about that at the moment.

This seat issue more or less ruined the whole day for me!

Probably a good thing. Having an angry cheesehead on his hands wouldn't be fun :)
I can't really claim full Cheesehead status -- I've only been here about 15 years, and we still swing by the condo in St Paul for a day a week. :) I think the frenzy at the end of the year was really tough on the DS's. Especially when we went into the Black Hole and they had no info to share.

I might be the most disappointed man with a brand new Tesla at the moment.

Car came without nextgen seats:( Almost want to cry:crying:

So I'm curious why you would be disappointed. You'll be able to try out the previous seats for a few months, then (for no cost) get new next gen seats. Or, should you decide you prefer the seats you got, you'll get a refund on the next gen seat cost. Yes, some people decide they don't like the next gen seats -- they prefer that the seats lie flatter when folded down, or they don't like the reduced visibility. Trade-offs everywhere, and you get to decide after actual use testing. Sounds like not a bad situation.

Plus you got free loot to mollify you. I'd be pleased. Actually, as I remember taking delivery, I was so happy driving my new car around that I didn't care what little things they got wrong as I was confident they would make them right. You're not?

So I'm curious why you would be disappointed. You'll be able to try out the previous seats for a few months, then (for no cost) get new next gen seats. Or, should you decide you prefer the seats you got, you'll get a refund on the next gen seat cost. Yes, some people decide they don't like the next gen seats -- they prefer that the seats lie flatter when folded down, or they don't like the reduced visibility. Trade-offs everywhere, and you get to decide after actual use testing. Sounds like not a bad situation.

Plus you got free loot to mollify you. I'd be pleased. Actually, as I remember taking delivery, I was so happy driving my new car around that I didn't care what little things they got wrong as I was confident they would make them right. You're not?
I ordered the P85D, instead of S85D, mainly due to the new seats. I dont like the "old" seats at all and the new version 1.5seats in my car now have more or less just as bad rear-visibility as the nextgen seats. The headrests are actually worse than the old ones. These are not the low headrest seats of old.

I have driven several older model s to know in advance that I do not want the seats I got now.

Had I known this 2weeks ago I would have refused delivery until my order was delivered in full. Tesla has known about this since december without letting me know. That is extremely disappointing.

I will try contacting senior management to see if they can assist my DS here. He is at least very honest about being mad and disappointed himself.

Yes, some people decide they don't like the next gen seats -- they prefer that the seats lie flatter when folded down, or they don't like the reduced visibility. Trade-offs everywhere, and you get to decide after actual use testing. Sounds like not a bad situation.

Unless darthy001 received some really old seats, he already has the taller headrests that result in essentially the same reduced visibility as the Next Gen seats. So the only thing he is getting to test with respect to visibility is what the visibility is going to be like when he eventually does get his Next Gen seats.

Edit: I was posting at the same time as darthy001:

I ordered the P85D, instead of S85D, mainly due to the new seats. I dont like the "old" seats at all and the new version 1.5seats in my car now have more or less just as bad rear-visibility as the nextgen seats. The headrests are actually worse than the old ones. These are not the low headrest seats of old.

I might be the most disappointed man with a brand new Tesla at the moment.

Car came without nextgen seats:( Almost want to cry:crying:

Oh my, Darthy. I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get confirmation by Tesla a couple of weeks ago that your car would have the next gen seats? I specifically asked to be called for this and Tesla confirmed that my car would be delivered with the next gen seats. Hope I can trust this to be true.

You can't change the situation now so enjoy the fact that you just received the best car in the world and that your car will even get better in a couple of months.

Oh my, Darthy. I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get confirmation by Tesla a couple of weeks ago that your car would have the next gen seats? I specifically asked to be called for this and Tesla confirmed that my car would be delivered with the next gen seats. Hope I can trust this to be true.

You can't change the situation now so enjoy the fact that you just received the best car in the world and that your car will even get better in a couple of months.
My DS and a lady at the service desk both confirmed that I was getting the nextgen seats..... So all bets are off in that regard.

BUT, from what I've seen in person at the service center today and the Norwegian forum it seems like I am the only "lucky Norwegian" so far:crying:

My DS and a lady at the service desk both confirmed that I was getting the nextgen seats..... So all bets are off in that regard.

BUT, from what I've seen in person at the service center today and the Norwegian forum it seems like I am the only "lucky Norwegian" so far:crying:

Mine was in production for 20 days so I can only hope the next gen seats were the reason for this delay. You know that Tesla improves small things on a weekly basis so you'll get the next version of the next gen seats when they are ready. :rolleyes:

By the way, can you confirm that the self-closing charge port "is" or "is not" included on your D?

Mine was in production for 20 days so I can only hope the next gen seats were the reason for this delay. You know that Tesla improves small things on a weekly basis so you'll get the next version of the next gen seats when they are ready. :rolleyes:

By the way, can you confirm that the self-closing charge port "is" or "is not" included on your D?
I am aware that seats might be 2.1;)

Charge-port definitely the old style. But that is just mildly annoying, and not a big deal for me. No cars delivered in Norway has the new charge-port. Gut-feeling says it wont come for long either as they obviously haven't redesigned the rear light assembly for this purpose yet for european cars.

Edit: anyone willing to PM me the email address for Jerome?

Edit2: email address received:)

Last edited:
Oh wow, that's disappointing. My DES also "confirmed" that my car has next gen seats. Have there been any P85D deliveries in the US in February with the wrong seats? I had gotten the impression that all the current P85D deliveries have the correct seats... now that I wrote this... when was production finished on your car? Transport to Norway clearly takes a while...

Oh wow, that's disappointing. My DES also "confirmed" that my car has next gen seats. Have there been any P85D deliveries in the US in February with the wrong seats? I had gotten the impression that all the current P85D deliveries have the correct seats... now that I wrote this... when was production finished on your car? Transport to Norway clearly takes a while...
First time mytesla showed production completed was the 31st of december.

Had I known this 2weeks ago I would have refused delivery until my order was delivered in full.

Wow, so you would give up possibly several months of driving and enjoying the car just because you don't particularly like the seats? I can't imagine. So you are almost completely delighted, but that's worth not having anything at all? I'm not questioning that you have that mindset, and you certainly have the right to be that way, but I can't imagine it results in much happiness.

Another reason I'm not in retail. If I were dealing with a customer with that attitude I'd give him his money back and refuse to to business with him in the future. I guess I have less patience with people.

First time mytesla showed production completed was the 31st of december.
Oh, OK. At that point many people here in the US were getting the "wrong" seats as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, so you would give up possibly several months of driving and enjoying the car just because you don't particularly like the seats?
It's funny you ask that, Bet TSLA, because when I ordered my P85D this whole issue was in full swing and so I asked myself "should I wait to make sure I get the right seats right away?" And when I was done laughing and having a coughing-fit because that was such a ridiculous thought, I clicked "Buy" :)
So yes, I'd be disappointed if next week (or, grmbl, the week after) my car came with different seats. But I KNOW that I'd enjoy every minute of it. And then I'd enjoy having brand new seats a few weeks (errr, months) down the road.

I understand the people who are upset that they paid for something they didn't get. I, personally, would focus on the positive... I can't wait to get my car... regardless which seats are installed