Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweeet.. that does put a smile on my face! Thanks. Can't wait. Does anyone know if the software update as been done so the P85D can access even more power and lower the 0-60 time. At one point i was told it could go as low as 2.80... which would be sweet.

On another topic, I am shopping for a set of 20 or 21inch rims. I would really like to know, perhaps see what people think looks good on a TESLA model S.
thanks

You certainly should be getting yours before mine! For the wheels, this is the thread you want to check out:
Show off your aftermarket wheels.
dozens and dozens of pictures of aftermarket wheels on the model s:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

The web site claims that if you order a P85D today they will deliver it by late March :)

Tesla is VERY motivated to deliver their most expensive cars before the end of a quarter. They want deliveries, gross margin, profit, etc. to report for Q1.

That's actually a great point. Now I'll have the peace of mind knowing that they have a reason to complete my delivery asap!

My P85D went into production today, March 3rd 2015, 1 day short of 5 weeks from ordering.
For some reason, I can't update the Google Docs spreadsheet entry that I created around order time, so I am posting this information so that others can see the current timing for P85D orders.

Ordered: 1/28/2015
Confirmed: 1/28/2015
Re-Confirmed: n/a
Estimated delivery: Late March
Entered Production:3/3/2015
Estimated Delivery Date:3/25/2015
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Rockville, MD
Color: White
Wheels: 19" base
Interior: Gray, Piano Black, black Alcantara headliner
Options: Tech, Smart Air Suspension
Trading up from: 2013 BMW 135is

I took delivery of my P85D on Friday and to say that I am delighted is an understatement. As others have said, the hardware advances and improvements in fit and finish since I purchased my Signature 2 1/2 years ago are impressive. Once you get behind the wheel that is overshadowed by the supercar levels of performance and handling of the P85D. The use of AWD to overcome the understeer inherent in a 2 1/2 ton sedan is uncanny.

Please let me explain about the custom color. My request was approved in late December just before Tesla decided to end the program. My assumption is that doing custom painting was slowing production, although I never got confirmation of that from Tesla. Hopefully when the new paint shop comes online later this year Tesla will decide to offer some form of custom paint. In the meantime I feel really lucky to have this car.

P85D%20HQ%20Front_zps8gzcpsq6.jpg

P85D%20HQ%20Side_zpsugtgk4lv.jpg

P85D%20HQ%20Rear_zpsdbba5vjv.jpg

awesome,! Very nice, was the cost prohibitive? Congrats.

I talked to one owner of a custom colored car and after much hmm-ing and hawing he said $12-15k, depending on the color, number of coats, etc.

I decided not to comment on the custom color cost since Tesla has discontinued the program, at least for now. If they choose to bring it back in the future, such as when the new paint shop comes on line later this year, they may price it differently.

Oh man. Picking up my P85D in two hours. Trying to be useful at work but it's proving difficult with the restlessness.

Christmas when I was a kid was nothing compared to the wait for a Tesla!

Delivered on time and in perfect condition. What a machine!

BTW my DES told me he was told by the service guys to check if my car had the NG-seats. Luckily it had, (he told me he ran down to my car to check with his heart racing, he obviously cared a lot for the delivery :) ) but apparently a number of Norwegian cars will be delivered without the new seats.

@frosken congrats!

Mine finished production this Mon (3/2), on the train to Chicago, expected delivery around 3/16. It's been almost two years since I got the Tesla bug, but took like 3 re-orders (waiting for certain features, then the D came out, then I changed from 85D to P85D) to get here. Cannot believe it's this close now, just seems surreal.

Sweeet.. that does put a smile on my face! Thanks. Can't wait. Does anyone know if the software update as been done so the P85D can access even more power and lower the 0-60 time. At one point i was told it could go as low as 2.80... which would be sweet.

On another topic, I am shopping for a set of 20 or 21inch rims. I would really like to know, perhaps see what people think looks good on a TESLA model S.
thanks

Not to be a wet blanket but...
Although I agree that it is too early to say the car won't make it, there are a few pitfalls that you need to navigate yet.
- Production usually takes 4-5 days but many people have been seeing longer production times.
- Freight times to Vancouver seem to be improving but you can end up waiting a while for this.
- The PDI in Vancouver can throw up some delay as it did in my case. (They found paint swirls and tried to correct them.)
- The shipping from Vancouver to Calgary seems a bit hit and miss sometimes.

That being said, even padding things out to worst case scenarios, if they start building it soon there is still a very good chance of getting it by the end of this month.

@frosken congrats!

Mine finished production this Mon (3/2), on the train to Chicago, expected delivery around 3/16. It's been almost two years since I got the Tesla bug, but took like 3 re-orders (waiting for certain features, then the D came out, then I changed from 85D to P85D) to get here. Cannot believe it's this close now, just seems surreal.

Please post pics of yours danp when you get it! Your set up is practically identical to what I am thinking I'm going to order (Grey, Grey, Black Alcantara, Matte, etc.) I'm excited for you!

@jmg I followed your other thread, glad you're close to ordering, and a P85D no less! I'll definitely post pics and initial impressions. And while grey on grey seems a bit monochromatic, it's actually stunning in person, especially with the black headliner.

Not to be a wet blanket but...
Although I agree that it is too early to say the car won't make it, there are a few pitfalls that you need to navigate yet.
- Production usually takes 4-5 days but many people have been seeing longer production times.
- Freight times to Vancouver seem to be improving but you can end up waiting a while for this.
- The PDI in Vancouver can throw up some delay as it did in my case. (They found paint swirls and tried to correct them.)
- The shipping from Vancouver to Calgary seems a bit hit and miss sometimes.

That being said, even padding things out to worst case scenarios, if they start building it soon there is still a very good chance of getting it by the end of this month.
@in2oil, Congrats on the order! It's fun to know that we will have at about 6 P85Ds in Calgary soon (if not already?). I heard there are about 12 new Teslas coming to Calgary in March so we will see more on the road.
My delivery experience may have been a little atypical but it took over 3 months from order to delivery. Almost 2 months for "seat-gate" delays, about 2 weeks to actually build the car, then another full month to get the car from Freemont to Calgary. I assume they have cleared up some of the backlog from the initial orders so shouldn't be such a delay now. Will be a fun summer - will have to schedule a few drives.

Hi:
I am new to the forums - had been busy with the forums on the Tesla website then found this :)
Ordered February23
Confirmed February 27
VIN ???

• 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  • Black Alcantara Headliner
  • Black Next Generation Seats
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Dual Chargers
  • Grey Metallic Paint
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Piano Black Décor
  • Premium Interior Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Subzero Weather Package
  • Supercharger Enabled
  • Tech Package with Autopilot
  • Tesla Red Brake Calipers
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Wall Connector

Hopefully I will receive my VIN soon. Getting excited !

thanks

Though they are most likely unbelievably expensive, I think these would look un-%^$&@*-real on a Model S...

http://www.vibemotorsports.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9048

:rolleyes:

Status Change: In Transit.

Status Changed this morning. Production Complete: In Transit.

Suggests that production was completed in 3 days.

Now how long to get to the East Coast?

After weeks of refreshing on the Tesla site (and lurking on this board), pleased to share...

My P85D status just changed to: In Production

DS says: March 19. Interface says: Late March.

If you figure 7-10 days for production and 5-7 to ship to NJ, March 19 seems possible?

751** | Blue Metallic | Pano Roof | NextGen | Tech | Suspension | Weather | Rear Facing Seats
Ordered: Jan 29. Confirmed: Feb. 2.