Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction, stability, power steering, auto hold - ALL DEAD after frigid morning.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think car will allow to reboot the system while in drive anyway, just like you can't put it in park while moving/driving. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You can reboot the screen while driving by holding in the 2 buttons on the steering wheel.

It is recommended not to do this by Tesla, but it can be done.

Warning
Only restart the touchscreen while the vehicle is stopped and in Park. The car status display, safety warnings, backup camera, etc. will not be visible during the restart.

You can reboot the screen while driving by holding in the 2 buttons on the steering wheel.

It is recommended not to do this by Tesla, but it can be done.

Warning
Only restart the touchscreen while the vehicle is stopped and in Park. The car status display, safety warnings, backup camera, etc. will not be visible during the restart.

but it will not stop the car or make it unable to stop or interfere with any other driving functionality.

OK, so

1. how do i access the hidden service menu which will show me (knock on wood NONE) fault codes

2. how does one order "mobile" service. it's not like the app gave me that option. i had to drive 100km to the service center and pay 10 bucks for toll fwy to make it there on time, and it turned out this was pointless as they took 1.5 days to fix my car. i was stupid thinking they are honest and would take my car in for repair immediately as agreed at 9.15am and 30 minutes later i'd be on my way.... oh nooooooo, turns out i could have dropped off the car at any time i liked instead...... since they had a lineup from hell anway.Then, likely like you showed in the article, replacement took them 20 minutes but they had a crapload of cars ahead of me. back to question: how to book mobile? i doubt that is even possible after seeing how many broken teslas they had ahead of me

3. anyone got an idea how much that sensor costs? guessing less than 100 bucks....

It is recommended not to do this by Tesla, but it can be done

Probably they have to tell you this because while rebooting you don't have a speedometer, which is likely illegal... and there might be other required instrumentation.

I've rebooted many times while driving. It's no problem. You don't get any interior indication that your blinkers are working, but they do still work while rebooting.

Brand new car . 3 months old.

The aforementioned disabled on the first drive on a super cold morning (-20C).

Tried soft resets in many ways, NOPE. Tried hard reset with 12v battery and main pack disconnected for 5 minutes, NOPE.

Car is dangerous to drive in snow and ice without trac and stabi.

Scheduled service and they immediately said based on info provided that left rear wheel speed sensor has to be replaced.

QUESTION: everyhting was well until the VERY cold morning. Can sensor just break because of cold? Wire broke off?

QUESTION 2: if this was a sensor, i get that stabi and trac would not work, but power steering??? Methinks some onboard computer froze and/or died. But why would it?

Insights please. Service scheduled on Tuesday. Warmer temps coming Monday. Can it reverse itself with warm weather? Opinions pls...

Needless to say EXTREMELY disappointing. Car has 4k miles.
I have had abs stability and traction control disabled because a sensor was covered with snow on a bmw and a Hyundai.in both cases the system's returned to normal when the snow cleared. No Impact on steering and I haven't experienced this in my Tesla.