Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...OMG! After the heavy rain we’ve had the past day or so the car handles wet surfaces bloody well.

Had a moment today where I needed to join a dual carriage way with only the tiniest of slip-roads, put my foot down from a stationary start and was at 60mph without the slightest loss of grip. I don’t typically like to floor it but it put a huge smile of my face. No growling engine or slipping wheel, just a gentle electric whine :) I felt like a big grey elephant in a tutu.

Try it in a P85 rwd and it probably wouldn’t be the same, that’s why I am glad to for a AWD next!

Naaa you need some 'fun'.

I find the AWD system in our X 'too good' you almost loose respect for adverse conditions. Literally any road condition you just stab your right foot and the thing sorts it out for you.

I actually miss the wiggling bum of my old 335i, spinning up even in 3rd gear when going WOT even in the dry. You had to think about what your doing with your right foot, AWD in the X is just a bit too easy, as an result 60mph on a narrow B road is achieved far far too quickly!!

I would love it if Tesla allowed RWD LR Model 3 to be ordered again, the only thing I miss about ICE is RWD.

...OMG! After the heavy rain we’ve had the past day or so the car handles wet surfaces bloody well.

Had a moment today where I needed to join a dual carriage way with only the tiniest of slip-roads, put my foot down from a stationary start and was at 60mph without the slightest loss of grip. I don’t typically like to floor it but it put a huge smile of my face. No growling engine or slipping wheel, just a gentle electric whine :) I felt like a big grey elephant in a tutu.
Too right, AWD all the way for me.

Feel free to floor it along there. I've had every hazards from stray sheep, fallen tree branches, idiots jogging with headphones in the middle of the road to muck preaders and articulated lorries and a retired deaf sheepdog. The worst is local jobbery in a BMW 3 coming the other way. There isn't always passing width..

Feel free to floor it along there. I've had every hazards from stray sheep, fallen tree branches, idiots jogging with headphones in the middle of the road to muck preaders and articulated lorries and a retired deaf sheepdog. The worst is local jobbery in a BMW 3 coming the other way. There isn't always passing width..

I agree, once you get onto roads like that where you can't even comfortably pass oncoming traffic, there is no fun to be had in any car, especially not a huge wide Tesla! We have quite a lot of those roads too, but luckily the ones I use on a daily basis are wide enough to be a lot of fun. Still have to be careful with blind bends, fallen tree branches, farm vehicles etc.