Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in Value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What year, and how many miles?

2019, Long Range, Dual Motor, FSD, 19” wheels, Blue exterior, Black interior, 10,811 miles
AD172C1D-752E-4BB3-AC21-3518F8499632.jpeg

Reactions: ChadS
For a bit of work you can sell your vehicle privately and save $1000's of dollars - obviously dealers/Tesla lowball you so they get their cut. If you're OK with that fine, but understand you're paying through the nose for the convenience.

For a bit of work you can sell your vehicle privately and save $1000's of dollars - obviously dealers/Tesla lowball you so they get their cut. If you're OK with that fine, but understand you're paying through the nose for the convenience.
I wouldn’t mind selling it privately, I just have never done it before so I have no idea how the finances aspect work of it all.
I need to look into it more

I wouldn’t mind selling it privately, I just have never done it before so I have no idea how the finances aspect work of it all.
I need to look into it more
I put my Model 3 on Craigslist and sold it in 20 minutes. It's not a comfortable process to go through, but when you're dealing with a car the cost of a Tesla, you're not going to be dealing with the same folks who need a 2002 Civic. Plus, people know you can't steal a Tesla, so no one is going to try that.

You fill out the pink slip, go online to the DMV and release ownership (in California, anyway), and then go on Tesla's site and remove the car from your account. The buyer knew how it was all done. My biggest concern was getting paid, but the buyer had all cash - literally bundles of 100s, so that was fun. If there are any hiccups, just don't release the car at the DMV or with Tesla.

Don't forget to call your insurance as soon as they drive away.