Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at trading in my 2015 GMC Sierra. Thanks to the kids I have a few door dings in the side of it. One of them is pretty bad. Before I have tesla look at it am I better off spending $500 to have some pdr done or should I just leave it. There are about four small dents and one large one. What do you think? I don't want to put anymore money into it than I need to.

To be honest, I would go to Kelley blue book first to see what they will offer you. My experience with tesla trade in is that they give you an estimate substantially lower than KBB.

My situation:
2005 CLK 55 AMG
70000 miles
tesla offer: $8500
kbb instant cash offer: $11000

also to keep in mind the instant cash offer is lower than the actual trade in vale on kbb. The instant offer is just easier, they give you a check and you bring them the car. All done in less than 2 hours. Got the check a few days later

Interesting....Tesla low-balled me on my trade in, so I might look further into this option if Carmax doesn't come through (typically they seem to do the best, but personally I've never had a good experience with them). Also considering Beepi or just a regular private sale, but not quite sure on timing yet.