Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded in my S for a X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping to keep my winter tires and rims. I assumed since the Model X was built on the same platform as the S, it would use the same wheels. Sadly no. So, there goes $4,000 of that equity on new tires and rims.

I am in the same boat. I'll have 3 sets of wheels/tires for my remaining Model S and I'll pick up a set of Tsportline 20" wheels next year for a winter setup for the X.

Just got to test drive a X90D for first time today and check out the interior features. Tesla trade-in value was good for our Model S90D, so I placed a deposit for a X90D in deep blue metallic, EAP, 6 seats, ultra white interior with CF and not sure if I'd get the tow package or UHF sound.

Expecting delivery at the end of Feb 2017 for a 2017 build and crossing my fingers that the 90kWh battery will actually be a limited 100D battery with 2170 cells at 90%. The X will be the family hauler so my wife is gonna drive it most of the times while I will end up taking her MC Red S90D.

Was wondering if their trade in value was anything decent based on the purchase price? Have an S90D blue and maybe looking to change to a P90D w/ludic. If the trade value is reasonably decent.

Was wondering if their trade in value was anything decent based on the purchase price? Have an S90D blue and maybe looking to change to a P90D w/ludic. If the trade value is reasonably decent.

Best thing to do is call your Tesla rep and ask for a buy back or Tesla trade in value. It depends on your options and mileage of course. They can get you a quote within a business day.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff
Just my opinion and everyone is entitled to my opinion, LOL, but for the life of me, I fail to understand why people want to trade in a relatively new Model S for a Model X!
Can anyone please explain?

I have a baby on the way and the back seats don't work for for us anymore. My 9 year old is too big, and the new baby can't go back there, nor can my toddler.

A great car isn't that great if I can't fit everyone into it!

Reactions: ModelX
I too just ordered an X due to substantial positive equity. I wasn't surprised though since I got such a good deal on a demo model that even back then I could have turned around and sold it privately for $10,000 more than I paid.

However, I am surprised so many others do too. Maybe it's a new sales pitch to call people, offer a few thousand in "positive equity" to sell a $150,000 item. Phrased that way, I almost feel like a sucker.

I was hoping to keep my winter tires and rims. I assumed since the Model X was built on the same platform as the S, it would use the same wheels. Sadly no. So, there goes $4,000 of that equity on new tires and rims.

I sold my S winters to a fellow picking up a preowned S. Recouped some cost, but yeah, the new tires are gonna hurt.

I too just ordered an X due to substantial positive equity. I wasn't surprised though since I got such a good deal on a demo model that even back then I could have turned around and sold it privately for $10,000 more than I paid.

However, I am surprised so many others do too. Maybe it's a new sales pitch to call people, offer a few thousand in "positive equity" to sell a $150,000 item. Phrased that way, I almost feel like a sucker.

I'd just like to think it was a smart time to buy in late 2014/early 2015, and with the CAD so strong then. That's what I am going with :-D