Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in a X100d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd really like to purchase a new model X. I have a 2017 X100d, in absolutely perfect condition. Not a mark on it. 34000
miles. But I go online, and there's no way to arrange a tradein on a new one. Any suggestions? My closest dealership is probably in Portland, OR.

2017 X100d, FSD, all options.

There are a number of car buying services. Carvana comes to mind as one you can do online. Never used them so cannot speak about quality of their offers.

I have used CarMax and was very satisfied. This was for BMWs, not Teslas.

Last edited:
I'd really like to purchase a new model X. I have a 2017 X100d, in absolutely perfect condition. Not a mark on it. 34000
miles. But I go online, and there's no way to arrange a tradein on a new one. Any suggestions? My closest dealership is probably in Portland, OR.
2017 X100d, FSD, all options.
I have a 2017 X 100D as well. Just got the MCU1->MCU2 and AP2.0->FSD upgrades for $2500 and it feels like a 'new' vehicle. ;)

Literally just went through this except with my late model S.

vroom - 20000
Tesla - 21400
Carmax - 26000
Carvana - 30044

take a guess which I went with :)

carvana was so easy i actually compared it to ordering a Tesla. They gave me the offer in 5 minutes, I uploaded some paperwork then scheduled a pickup time. Guy showed up with a flat bed and took some pics then removed the plates for me and after signing some forms he initiated the funds transfer. That was this past Saturday June 13, when I woke up Monday morning I had a txt from them saying the money was officially transferred over and in my account.

fast, simple And if you don’t want to sell privately they are probably the way to go.