Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The worst case scenario I see (besides dropping sig further to 100 or something), is for it to bounce around between 180 and 280 for another couple of years, essentially forming one massive, 7 year head and shoulders pattern. That would just suck. But I don't see it failing after that, but going up and finally break all time highs, after all those years. That's where a buy it and forget it strategy with pure shares will save you a lot of headache and time.
I would be fine with that. There is a worse scenario, long-term.

In my opinion, the only threat to Tesla long term is their communications fiascos. See the long-term thread. If this isn't fixed, total demand for Teslas actually could drop. There are already people buying inferior cars (cars they admit are inferior) at higher prices, just to avoid the craziness of trying to communicate with Tesla. This is a problem.

I would be fine with that. There is a worse scenario, long-term.

In my opinion, the only threat to Tesla long term is their communications fiascos. See the long-term thread. If this isn't fixed, total demand for Teslas actually could drop. There are already people buying inferior cars (cars they admit are inferior) at higher prices, just to avoid the craziness of trying to communicate with Tesla. This is a problem.

It's a problem once there are not other buyers lined up to take their place. So, yeah, they need to start fixing that issue at a point in time that prevents it from impacting total sales. On the other hand, it provides a bit of a filter as to the type of owners they have to deal with for years after the purchase.

Reactions: Boomer19
g20 gave us a possible breather,
let’s see how that intertwined with what should be decent quarter of deliveries, and a shortened holiday week...
the volatility was seemingly sucked out the the stock for a week or so (delivery and g20 macro anticipation)
...or was it mainly driven by consolidation?
we’ll see

For what it's worth an inverse cup and handle triggered on today's chart (5/15 minute). Target: [228 - (233-228)] = 223 (which would fill the gap).

Strange price action on TSLA and indexes. Looks like a reversal after a gap up/breakout. Not sure what to make of it.

Maybe worth buying some weekly calls to play the delivery report breakout?? Or, if you already have a large position, maybe hedge with puts. Both appear to be somewhat cheap (for TSLA and given a big news event this week).

TSLA basically just consolidating with a mild climb going into P&D report. IMO, this is a very good environment for good delivery numbers to be a catalyst to get this stock climbing with some mojo again. Shorts seem confident. People are very understandably worried about a bear raid over July 4. Given the lack of a major climb on the rumor of very good delivery numbers, I think it's unlikely investors/traders will be keen to sell over the holiday weekend. This stock seems poised for a nice climb to me. I'm going to reduce leverage only if we get a big climb tomorrow.

• Helpful
TSLA basically just consolidating with a mild climb going into P&D report. IMO, this is a very good environment for good delivery numbers to be a catalyst to get this stock climbing with some mojo again. Shorts seem confident. People are very understandably worried about a bear raid over July 4. Given the lack of a major climb on the rumor of very good delivery numbers, I think it's unlikely investors/traders will be keen to sell over the holiday weekend. This stock seems poised for a nice climb to me. I'm going to reduce leverage only if we get a big climb tomorrow.
So, you are thinking they will release P&D after hours tomorrow - not in the morning ?

• Helpful
223 inverse cup and handle target hit and also gap up from yesterday filled (TA doesn't always work but sometimes it does). Bought some 235 and 240 weekly calls to play the P&D. Not too worried if it doesn't work out. Would love to buy some shares (for the long term) if the price dips back to 200 area. May buy some puts if TSLA climbs the rest of the day.

• Informative
What do people think this is going to do tomorrow? Going back down to 220 (gap fill at 225) or squeezing up to 260? I guess it's anybody's guess. Still crazy cheap for the long term. But I wonder if at some point it will revisit 180 and fill some gaps along the way. Or is this it -- are we Ving straight up to 300 or even 400. Maybe this is the big squeeze everybody's been waiting for?

• Informative
What do people think this is going to do tomorrow? Going back down to 220 (gap fill at 225) or squeezing up to 260? I guess it's anybody's guess. Still crazy cheap for the long term. But I wonder if at some point it will revisit 180 and fill some gaps along the way. Or is this it -- are we Ving straight up to 300 or even 400. Maybe this is the big squeeze everybody's been waiting for?
All we need are half decent earnings and this thing will defy gravity. 100m loss or better will do it. The delivery numbers are amazing and Elon gained a ton of credibility back. The big investors that push the price higher/lower will want to know if the company is still bleeding cash. I think near term we can see $280/$300 in 2 weeks

• Informative
Reactions: Antares Nebula

i know jack about nothing

but i’m not convinced this is the breakout back to high 2s and reaching 300 again. just don’t see it.

that last paragraph perspective is for my july’s. i want to dump enough or all of them to cover costs at open and maybe let some ride. i don’t have a great cost basis on those. i bot them after hitting my wkly july’s earlier in the run from 180-220

prob do same with august’s. maybe even november’s.

as i go out further in months i have to dump less to cover costs bc i was able to avg down accordingly. so i should still be in play for a decent run by august and def for nov should q2, 10q and q3 go well

we’ll see

• Informative
Reactions: Antares Nebula
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 8.28.45 AM.png