Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Trailer-friendly Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update on some other locations--apologies if these spots have already been reported:

Twenty-nine Palms:

This location has one head-in stall that would block three other back in stalls (it is perpendicular to the others.) The first back-in stall would block access to two other stalls. Since this location does not and probably will not receive a lot of use, it probably would be a go 99.9% of the time if a driver stayed with the car during charging.

Wickenburg:

Forget it. It is a tiny, tight parking lot. Crazy as it seems, when I plugged in at 8:15 on a Thursday morning, I was the third user!

Las Vegas - LV Boulevard South:

Ten back-in stalls in a corner of a large parking lot at a popular outdoor mall. All were in use when I arrived around 12:30PM last week. Probably could block several stalls late at night or early in the morning. But during normal travel hours, probably not.

Beatty NV:

All stalls are back-in. This location is quite likely underused 24/7/365, so you likely would get away with not unhitching if plugged into the southernmost stall.

Mammoth Lakes:

The good news is that the eight stalls are pull through. The bad news is that the parking lot is somewhat tight, so it is quite possible that you would have to jockey into position if the pull-through stall that was available were not in an easy turning radius from the ingress.

Note that the links should take you to threads on TMC that include photos of the layout. Use your own judgement as to whether these locations are viable. Obviously no guarantees that they'll work, so if you have trouble please come back and edit the wiki for others.

Category 1: Unhitching not necessary

---United States---

California
Eureka
Category 2
Fountain Valley
One possible location which might block a couple of ICE/flex spots.​
Hawthorne
Pull through spots but a very tight parking lot with lots of SpaceX and Tesla traffic. Not recommended but possible.​
Mammoth Mountain
Back to back stalls may require parking on the outside and pulling the cable through.​
Manteca
Pull through spots in a mall parking lot. Trailer would be an annoyance in the lot, but the spots are far from shopping so it's possible. Note also that the spacing on the obelisks seems tighter than in other pull-through locations.​
Petaluma
Back-to-back pull-through chargers. If you park in the spots on the north side of the chargers, you could take one of the Supercharger cables and still not block the second space.​
Rocklin
Pull through stalls, may allow outside cable or by blocking a single charger.​
Tejon Ranch
Plenty of space behind any of the chargers for vehicles to maneuver.​

Colorado
Trinidad
One end pull-through spot has plenty of clearance behind it for a trailer.

Idaho
Twin Falls
Appears to be a single pull through charger that would work.​

Indiana
Indianapolis
End charger is pull-in and the charger is in a hotel lot.​

Kentucky
London
End charger is pull-in and it's in a visitor center parking lot.​

Maine
Augusta
1 pull-in spot. You'd be blocking an end of an aisle, but it's (currently) in a little-used area and it would easy to get round the other way. Other notes in post below.​

Montana
Butte
The end charger has a vacant space next to it that appears to be workable.​

New Mexico
Santa Rosa
Pull through chargers, two look doable, and in the linked photo someone has a trailer, so it's definitely possible.​

Ohio
Cincinnati (Blue Ash)
End charger is pull-through. Trailer would have to be short and angled in order to avoid blocking the roadway.​

Oregon
Bandon
4 pull-through, easy Category 1 based on your classifications
Sandy
There appears to be a single charger at this location that is usable by an MX hauling a trailer. The remainder are back-in.​
Springfield
Category 2- 8 chargers, plenty of parking to unhitch, easy on/off I5
Woodburn
Category 2- 8 chargers, parking but often pretty full,adjacent to an outlet mall
Texas
Denton
At least the far left can be used (though it blocks some distant parking spots).​

Washington
Ellensburg
One charger that would marginally, but not completely block the lane.​

---Norway---

Nes i Ådal
Room for 4 cars with trailer without blocking access to remaining chargers. Additional photo.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
I’ve added information to the wiki post in this thread about the Springfield OR and Vancouver WA Superchargers.

Here’s a photo of me this morning at Vancouver WA using the only pull in stall there. There were only two other Teslas there charging (both Model 3s!) so I did not feel bad about blocking a few stalls while charging. If this location was busy of course I would have unhitched.

2279819E-A1AB-445F-A975-4850F65164D7.jpeg

Good thread. I would probably never tow anything long distance because of the inability to know in real time whether or not an SC is "Tow friendly." It would be so easy to put that information into the car's display info for SCs, but not there. Hopefully, Tesla will do that in the future. Really simple to put that in the database.

Reactions: pakman00
Good thread. I would probably never tow anything long distance because of the inability to know in real time whether or not an SC is "Tow friendly." It would be so easy to put that information into the car's display info for SCs, but not there. Hopefully, Tesla will do that in the future. Really simple to put that in the database.
I think @ohmman tried to build such a database here on TMC, but I agree that Tesla implementing it would be much better.

Starting to plan a summer road trip and would like to take all 4 bikes for the entire family along and would likely need to use trailer friendly superchargers. Agree that would be nice if Tesla would incorporate that info at least on their web based supercharger map or even better in the navigation map.

Added information to the wiki: added Fairfield CA and added some text to the description of the Petaluma CA location.

Petaluma is an interesting situation. If you have a trailer less than about 22 ft you can simply pull through to any forward stall and only block one stall, so if there are a lot of stalls available I would not hesitate to do that, as shown in my photo below (and of course I stay with the car while charging so could move if a lot of cars show up). My trailer is only 17 ft so it fit nicely into the space behind me and didn’t stick out.

I could not figure out how to pull in from the “wrong” direction (approach from the right side in my photo) without blocking a stall and without completely blocking the lane on that side.

59066291-6FE4-44F4-A745-A6E255879D1C.jpeg

The Groveland CA Supercharger is “semi” tow friendly. If it’s not busy you can charge without unhitching and only block one other stall. I could have backed up about one foot more than shown in this photo. No other cars were so I didn’t worry about it. My first time at this location: love it!
(@KJD will get back to you later. Send me a PM to remind me)
E0720B16-5BDD-4FA4-B8B1-37F1AC99E499.jpeg

The Bakersfield Supercharger has a “trailer friendly” stall. :) It’s the pull in stall at the far left (as you face the row of back in pedestals). While my trailer does stick out, this area of the parking lot near the IHOP and gas station has multiple wide entrances and lots of space; I don’t feel like I am blocking anyone from getting in and out.

I’ve added this Supercharger to the wiki post that started this topic.

51C96731-DD7D-457E-9C1C-E2DD402822DF.jpeg

88196E91-35EB-497B-A1F2-8915DBADE8B6.jpeg

Some quick experiences for those towing in Southern California, two spots I've used twice each now with a trailer. Both are "Category 2" in that unhitching is required-

The San Clemente supercharger is adjacent to the Outlet mall's parking garage with very high ceilings, plenty of room for anything you'd tow with an X. The garage section near the charger always has hundreds of open spaces, plenty of room to leave the trailer, and you can keep an eye on it when charging if you're the worried type. I'd only worry about space here on Black Friday or the like, where a very unusually high number of people are at the Outlet mall. Apparently late at night they close off the garage but you can get there through an access road in the back, and there's a lot of parking out in the open where trailer could be left while charging.

The Fountain Valley SC is adjacent a Petsmart and Costco. I've had good luck finding 6-7 free adjacent parking spots on weekday mornings, trailer still in sight while charging. I suspect that at times those businesses are busier (evenings and weekends) it'd be a lot tougher.

Ritchfield Utah
One stall at San Juan. Capistrano California (and you can charge from behind her stalls if the spaces are open... usually are)
Sideways charging at Grand junction since they dint stick out.
Sideways charging at Oxnard CA
Backside charging at Glenwood springs CO.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman