Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transfer Homelink from 2018 model 3 to 2023 MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a 2018 model 3 and just got a 2023 MYP. Can the homelink from Model 3 be transferred to the Model Y? Is the part number same. It is compatible? Dont want to take everything apart and transfer it is not possible.

Thanks!

All I can tell you is that it's exactly the same between a 21 and 23 Y. I believe Tesla buys the part from a 3rd party so the model change wouldn't necessarily impact a sourced part. It only take about 15 minutes to remove the tub and take out the part so you're not risking much removing it.

All I can tell you is that it's exactly the same between a 21 and 23 Y. I believe Tesla buys the part from a 3rd party so the model change wouldn't necessarily impact a sourced part. It only take about 15 minutes to remove the tub and take out the part so you're not risking much removing it.
Great tip. Thanks for sharing!

DIY. YouTube has a good explanation how to do it. Enter service mode, tap low voltage, homelink retrofit, hold brake and right turn signal, screen resets, exit/enter vehicle, then normal process of using your opener remote and learn button on the opener to program it to your home.