Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transmitter in HPWC wand not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
I think the transmitter in my HPWC wand is not working. The port door does not open when I click the button. The port door works fine at Superchargers.

Who fixed these these sort of issues? Do I call Tesla Mobile service or some place else?

FWIW, this has been working fine for 3-4 months. This inability to trigger opening the charge door is new.

It seems that if I press the button when I am a little further away, say 2-3 feet versus around 1 foot it works better. But same 1 foot distance and position worked fine at 3 Superchargers.

Reactions: Sparrow
I had the same problem and took it to the SC where they 're-calibrated' something. It's working fine again. The range is a couple of metres and apparently if one is clicked in the workshop the ports on a number of cars will open!

Our 2018 X (MCU2) has intermittent problems opening the charging port using our Signature Gen 2 HPWC.

Our 2017 S (MCU1) hasn't had any problems opening the charging port using our standard Gen 2 HPWC.

The charging port problems with our X started with the recent software changes - and sometimes works - and most of the time doesn't.

You can also just press on the front of the charge port door. You also can open the charge port with the key fob. No need to climb into the car.
Ah you kids with your modern charge ports that close on their own, and you can push on them to open 'em up.... Must be nice...

-Every Classic S owner

/edit. Classic S owner pre "D" era that is.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA