Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transportation Fee on MVPA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the process of purchasing a CPO that is being transported, thus I am responsible for the $2,000 transportion fee. However, I just got my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and the transportation fee was not on there. For those of you that have went CPO and paid this fee, is it normally on the MVPA, or is it collected at delivery separate?

Interesting. I wonder if it's because you asked. The name of my the documents I downloaded from My Documents is "Final Delivery Documents".

I wondered that too. I was originally quoted $750 when I ordered my car before the transportation prices increased. So I was worried they were going to try and charge me more. (The fees increased mid-process for me)

After I bought my car and the new transportation fee calculator was added, I ran it for a car in the same area as where mine came from. My fee would have been $0 under the new fee structure. Then I wondered if I had accidentally screwed myself by asking about the fee. Oh well.

The told me that even though it wasn't there in the initial MVPA, they are adding the transportation fee of $2,000 on all cars starting Jan 1, even though I order the Inventory car before the new year. Their own website and link to the car claimed no transportation since the car was only 300 miles away.

The told me that even though it wasn't there in the initial MVPA, they are adding the transportation fee of $2,000 on all cars starting Jan 1, even though I order the Inventory car before the new year. Their own website and link to the car claimed no transportation since the car was only 300 miles away.

That really stinks. I would have pitched a fit if they had tried to charge me $2000 if they had quoted me lower. For 300 miles, you could rent a one way car or fly and pick up for cheaper.

Reactions: Jurnimon
That really stinks. I would have pitched a fit if they had tried to charge me $2000 if they had quoted me lower. For 300 miles, you could rent a one way car or fly and pick up for cheaper.

That's exactly what I told them and that's why I told them I did not want to transport the car if I have to pay the fee. They tried to tell me that they had to charge the fee after the first of the year but waived it afterwards.

All sorts of games. They told me they are giving me a "big discount" on the car so the fee is something they have to charge. "we escalated but corporate is making us do it."

It is a very larger discount tens of thousands of dollars off of the original price of the car.

If I didn't know better, I thought I was working with a stealership.

I was willing to go to Chicago to get the car but was told the car needs to be registered in NY (where I reside) first and if I picked up elsewhere it would end up costing me more by registering out of state and switching. I have no idea if this is true.
It depends on your state laws. I've bought cars in the past in Wisconsin (I live in Illinois), and would fill out a form as to why I'm not paying Wisconsin sales tax on my car (because I will be paying sales tax in Illinois). I offered to pick up my car located in California, but their state law would have made me pay sales tax in California as well as Illinois.

It depends on your state laws. I've bought cars in the past in Wisconsin (I live in Illinois), and would fill out a form as to why I'm not paying Wisconsin sales tax on my car (because I will be paying sales tax in Illinois). I offered to pick up my car located in California, but their state law would have made me pay sales tax in California as well as Illinois.
Correct. This is what my CPO advisor told me too. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to go to Chicago to get the car anyway, so I didn't look into it that much.

I ordered a new inventory car on 12/24 (S 90D) which was coming from NY to PA. I confirmed on the site that there was no transportation fee. Similarly, initial MVPA did not mention any fee. Right before pickup, my final MVPA included a $2,000 fee. I showed them that there was no fee ever mentioned and if there were, I would have picked up the car myself. And I gave a strong impression I wouldn't pick up the car if a fee was charged. My DS went to my OA and he confirmed that there should be no transportation fee and they waived it. BTW, less than one week in, I absolutely love the car.

I ordered a new inventory car on 12/24 (S 90D) which was coming from NY to PA. I confirmed on the site that there was no transportation fee. Similarly, initial MVPA did not mention any fee. Right before pickup, my final MVPA included a $2,000 fee. I showed them that there was no fee ever mentioned and if there were, I would have picked up the car myself. And I gave a strong impression I wouldn't pick up the car if a fee was charged. My DS went to my OA and he confirmed that there should be no transportation fee and they waived it. BTW, less than one week in, I absolutely love the car.

When did you pick up the car?