Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trim Clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum, after I collected my Model 3 from Birmingham last week. On collection I was very pleased, and relieved, to find the only apparent defect is a small paint chip, low down on the front bumper. I have since, however, after washing the car discovered that one of the wheel arch liners is loose due to missing clips. I was hoping that I could persuade a Tesla Service Centre to just send me 4 clips, but I am having great difficulty getting through to anyone. I tried using the app to book service, but it would not accept my address, no matter how I entered it. I don’t really want to drive 2.5 hours to the service centre at Digbeth just for some plastic clips to be fitted anyway. I have also tried ringing various service centres and just get the disconnected line tone.
Does anyone know of a source of these plastic clips or compatible ones? Are they a special, Tesla size or would other makes fit?
I do hope that my inability to contact Tesla for after sales is a temporary situatuon. It’s very frustrating and detracts from the pleasure of owning one of their cars.

Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum, after I collected my Model 3 from Birmingham last week. On collection I was very pleased, and relieved, to find the only apparent defect is a small paint chip, low down on the front bumper. I have since, however, after washing the car discovered that one of the wheel arch liners is loose due to missing clips. I was hoping that I could persuade a Tesla Service Centre to just send me 4 clips, but I am having great difficulty getting through to anyone. I tried using the app to book service, but it would not accept my address, no matter how I entered it. I don’t really want to drive 2.5 hours to the service centre at Digbeth just for some plastic clips to be fitted anyway. I have also tried ringing various service centres and just get the disconnected line tone.
Does anyone know of a source of these plastic clips or compatible ones? Are they a special, Tesla size or would other makes fit?
I do hope that my inability to contact Tesla for after sales is a temporary situatuon. It’s very frustrating and detracts from the pleasure of owning one of their cars.
They’re just a 2-part clip the main part pushes in the second is just a pin that spreads and lock it all in place.
Measure the hole. Halfords will probably have some.