Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Triple Upgrade -- One Happy Camper

jacobp

Aug 30, 2013
Potomac, Maryland, United States
I have a two-year old P85. Yesterday, i decided to upgrade the car to the next gen seats, new TPMS sensors, and the LTE upgrade. I feel like i have a new car again. thanks to the Rockville, MD SC for making it all happen and for letting me get a P85D loaner with autosteer.

If you haven't tried out autosteer and parallel parking assist, I urge you to take a test drive in one. It is amazing technology.

patrick40363

Mar 25, 2014
Cali
How much to upgrade the front seats?

I have a two-year old P85. Yesterday, i decided to upgrade the car to the next gen seats, new TPMS sensors, and the LTE upgrade. I feel like i have a new car again. thanks to the Rockville, MD SC for making it all happen and for letting me get a P85D loaner with autosteer.

If you haven't tried out autosteer and parallel parking assist, I urge you to take a test drive in one. It is amazing technology.

jacobp

Aug 30, 2013
Potomac, Maryland, United States
To add perspective, OP could have bought a used 2012 LEAF for the same price
Yes, but then I'd have a 2012 Leaf...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for not responding earlier. The total cost, including sales tax, was $7512. And I love it. And yes, the seat upgrade is only for the front seats.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand on a 2y old P85 such an upgrade is more than just the sensors, you would need a new receiver and wiring which should be quite costly. Could you confirm this ?

You are correct. The parts list includes a receiver for $475. The total price was around $1K.

- - - Updated - - -

How much to upgrade the front seats?

$5616.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious - was the cost what was already said here on the forums? And it's front only?

The whole thing was $7500. The seats were front only and cost $5616 installed.

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
They are INCREDIBLY comfortable. The only caution, and I think others have said this as well, is that if you are a big person (width wise, if you catch my drift), the side bolsters might be a bit confining. But they are so comfortable. I cannot wait for our next road trip.

I catch your drift, but each person is build differently.

I'm skinny and tall, and I disliked the next gen seats. The side bolsters were too confining for me, I was glad that I ordered when I did, because now you can't get any other color besides black in "regular" leather seats.

Johan

Ex got M3 in the divorce, waiting for EU Model Y!
Feb 9, 2012
Drammen, Norway
They offered to let me keep them, but i told them i didn't want them.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you want them? If so, i can ask if they've shipped them back yet.

No, but thanks for asking. My thought was they must have some value, to someone, somewhere:)

Lintrix

Dec 4, 2014
Chicago, IL
Let me know when your front next gen seats start squeaking. Mine is constantly rubbing on the center console creating squeaks at every dip of the road. I took it to the service center and they said nothing can be done. :cursing:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC